Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my phone line have to be active for wired BB???

Options
  • 18-10-2007 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving into a house with a couple friends in a couple weeks...

We're not gonna bother with a landline. Does that mean that we can't get wired broadband? I mean the line is there, it's just not active......

If its a problem, then any recommendations regarding wireless BB providers would be great...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Line needs to be active; you don't have to make calls on it, but you still have to pay rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

Dang, I feared that was the case...

Thanks anyway :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ya didn't think they would let you do that did ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

themarcus: do you have NTL? You can get NTL BB in some places, through the box theat fits into the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

by pure fluke i moved into a house that had no ACTIVE phone line but found a router in the attic, connected it up for the craic and it worked!!

free broadband for a year before i went irish broadband for the upspeed advantage but thats the exception rather than the rule, i was just lucky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭themarcus

by pure fluke i moved into a house that had no ACTIVE phone line but found a router in the attic, connected it up for the craic and it worked!!

free broadband for a year before i went irish broadband for the upspeed advantage but thats the exception rather than the rule, i was just lucky

I'll try that!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Note, it was the previous occupants router also with their login etc already on it, so i was doubly lucky!!!

Probably wont work if you dont have the right configs etc

Advertisement