Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Maynooth Crippling Slow

Options
  • 18-10-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

193948472.png

Ran above twice with similar results (because I don't trust it)

From Irish ISP test:
    260Kbps download
    533Kbps upload
    417ms round trip time
    406ms max pause
    71% quality of service

From a 2Mbps connection that usually gets that speed.

I first thought it was just Ubuntu's servers being hammered as I tried to download the latest release but nope, its IBB as digg took an age to load as I was opening a page with a link to an ubuntu torrent so I decided to run a speed test.

slowed down to 64kbps now :(

Taking an age just to edit this post :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Crippling slow again tonight:
    Speed test.net which refuses to load the result graphic for me for some reason:
    10/19/2007 7:26 PM GMT 87.192.20.57 111 kb/s 50 kb/s 999 ms Dublin < 50 mi

79kbps download
    298 upload

on Irish ISP Test

Seemed to be fine both nights until I started to download the Ubuntu ISO over http from heanet or whatever its called and then the connection goes to hell for an hour or two although both times its been around the same time so it could be argued that its contention.

However I get speeds of 70kbps at times and thats below the max contention we are supposed to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pedropumpalot

brim4brim wrote: »
    Crippling slow again tonight:
    Speed test.net which refuses to load the result graphic for me for some reason:
    10/19/2007 7:26 PM GMT 87.192.20.57 111 kb/s 50 kb/s 999 ms Dublin < 50 mi

79kbps download
    298 upload

on Irish ISP Test

Seemed to be fine both nights until I started to download the Ubuntu ISO over http from heanet or whatever its called and then the connection goes to hell for an hour or two although both times its been around the same time so it could be argued that its contention.

However I get speeds of 70kbps at times and thats below the max contention we are supposed to have.

What high site are you connected to? Is it the BreezeAccessVL or Breeze Max?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

What high site are you connected to? Is it the BreezeAccessVL or Breeze Max?

No idea, how do I find that out?

Advertisement