Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spuds

Options
  • 18-10-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭

An old man lived alone in Connemara. He wanted to dig his potato garden but it was very hard work as the ground was hard. His only son, Mickeen, used to help him but was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son describing his predicament.

Dear Mickeen,
    I am feeling blue because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over I know you would dig the plot for me.
    Love,
    Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
    For God's sake, don't dig up that garden! That's where I buried all the BODIES!
    Love,
    Mickeen

At 4.00 am the next morning, thirty men from Garda Síochána arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. Later that day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
    Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
    Love,
    Mickeen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

An old man lived alone in Connemara. He wanted to dig his potato garden but it was very hard work as the ground was hard. His only son, Mickeen, used to help him but was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son describing his predicament.

Dear Mickeen,
    I am feeling blue because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over I know you would dig the plot for me.
    Love,
    Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
    For God's sake, don't dig up that garden! That's where I buried all the BODIES!
    Love,
    Mickeen

At 4.00 am the next morning, thirty men from Garda Síochána arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. Later that day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad,
    Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
    Love,
    Mickeen

Good one !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I like it!!! Clever Connamara boyos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Funny i like it; but i did hear it bout 10/12 years ago:)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

Is maith liom e!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i heard the same joke except he said that where he buried the millions he stole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

still good, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

haha very good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 littlemizz

an oldie but still a goodie!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BTW
    Was done on Porridge so it's at least 30 years old

Advertisement