Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anything worth getting here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly get At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul.

Akercocke, Ephel Duath, Decapitated and Biomechanical are also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i have quite a few of those and entombed - wolverine blues i would recommend (though its much less death than their previous efforts),

big no no to napalm death - scum, cathedral and bolt thrower, don't like any of those albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Also a quick question, is Decapitated's The Negation as good as say, WInds of Creation? I have Nihility and Winds by them and love em, just wondering if this album is much different. Also are Entombed much good? Im a big death metal fan but never heard much about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Negation is pretty much just more of the same. I think Winds of Creation was their masterpiece, and everything else since then was just treading the same waters. If you don't mind that, then yeah, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

CyberWaste wrote: »
    http://www.play.com/Music/CD/3-/104034/2-/Promo.html?dpr=104034&cur=258

Just needing some recommendations of this sale list. I have the Carcass, Heartwork album and all the Morbid Angel albums.
    I like bands like Beneath the Massacre, Death, Disincarnate. So maybe that will help.
    Thanks in advance.

I'd go for Morbid Angel "Blessed Are The Sick"............very good album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Also a quick question, is Decapitated's The Negation as good as say, WInds of Creation? I have Nihility and Winds by them and love em, just wondering if this album is much different. Also are Entombed much good? Im a big death metal fan but never heard much about them.

you never heard much of entombed, wow, and you call yourself a death metal fan ;) There were probably one of the biggest death metal bands in the world circa 1990-1993. i would recommend their first 3 albums:
    Left Hand Path (1990)
    Clandestine (1991)
    Wolverine Blues (1992)

since 1993 they have become more punk which is probably why most death fans have ignored them, including me :p

an awful lot of copycat swedish bands such as unleashed, dismember, grave, Hypocrisy followed after entombed initial success with left hand path and clandestine. if you like any of the bands mentioned you will like entombed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I always thought Entombed were more black metal rather than death metal..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I recommend Entombed and Scum by Napalm Death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Get The Haunted - One Kill Wonder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Out of that list I'd recomend Municipal Waste 'Hazardous Mutation' for some deadly crossover. And also Napalm Death 'From Enslavement To Obliteration' has some amazing grind on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I always thought Entombed were more black metal rather than death metal..?

Entombed black metal??? Come on!!!??? Yer havin a laugh, aren't ya!!?? They ain't black metal at all. They started out as a death metal band, and I think they're gone more punk of late......??

But Black Metal??? Pffffffffffffttttttttt!!!

Advertisement