Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA4 news

• 18-10-2007 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

This is a fairly crap post tbh, but what the hey, gives us something to speculate.

In GTA4 naturally enough there'll be gangs, but one of them will be Irish. This information comes from Lazlow who spent some time recently recording stuff for that gang.

/useless news

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Thats pretty cool though. Bout time they gave us irish some props. Im sure the voice acting will be dire though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

any other news such as a release date???

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Er..........have you a source for this???? I doubt Rockstar have confirmed that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Lol Americans stereotype us!

A tenner says that the Irish will be drunk men dressed in green with hats! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nealmac wrote: »
    I doubt Rockstar have confirmed that.

they haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

This is a fairly crap post tbh, but what the hey, gives us something to speculate.

In GTA4 naturally enough there'll be gangs, but one of them will be Irish. This information comes from Lazlow who spent some time recently recording stuff for that gang.

/useless news
    Shore they willl. And Oi'm goin apple pickin with scooby doo. Oi twoi twoi twoi twoi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

Yay! Ha! i'm not going to harm a single one of them LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yay! Ha! i'm not going to harm a single one of them LOL

Who could :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Who could :p
    It'd be great if they were all lined up doing Irish dancing or something. Run over them all in one go and a big "BE GORRAH!" flashes up at you.

/misses Gouranga :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

/misses Gouranga :(

Whats that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

whats Gouranga!! only one of the single most enjoyable and satisfying things to do in the original GTA game!! If u ran over 9 hari-chrishnas in a row u got it and a big score! plus then u have 5 star wanted level too. U'd heard them around the place singing and and hunt them them. ah brings backs such good memories :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My money is on a House Of Pain pisstake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Heh given the fact that it's developed in North America, it'd be a bunch of drunken leprechauns! :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Heh given the fact that it's developed in North America, it'd be a bunch of drunken leprechauns! :)

VR!

Rockstar are scottish

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Rockstar are scottish

kdjac

Rockstar Games is a development division of video game publisher Take-Two Interactive, based in New York City, United States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cousin it wrote: »
    Rockstar Games is a development division of video game publisher Take-Two Interactive, based in New York City, United States.

Rockstar North are based in Edinburgh however, and they're the ones actually developing the game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yes but Rockstar North, who are the branch that actually develop GTA, are based in Edinburgh. GTA's always been made in Scotland.

Edit - beat me to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 goldrush1964

neacy69 wrote: »
    any other news such as a release date???

I wish this game was coming out sooner, but it looks like the release date is sometime in spring of 2008. Here's an interesting site for IV: gta4.tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Why not have a bunch of drunken Scotish guys then? Stop and yap to em in the street and then try to decypher what they're saying to ya?! :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

A tenner says that the Irish will be drunk men dressed in green with hats! :P

i betcha either the accents will be like "TOP O DA MORNIN TYA THERE LAD!" or theyle be IRA lads with northern accents....wat else could it be like?....the NORTHSIDERS from dooblin!?....lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

They better not pick on the STEREOTYPE of Cavan boggers! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

i betcha either the accents will be like "TOP O DA MORNIN TYA THERE LAD!" or theyle be IRA lads with northern accents....wat else could it be like?....the NORTHSIDERS from dooblin!?....lol

oh man that would be class. i would be in tears laughin through out the entire game.

How about some scobes as well. "C'mere i wan cha, sham" "i'll schtik dis pointy yolk in ya"

That would be the best game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Grand Theft Auto1 started it's life in Dundee,Scotland.

Any news on release dates an what console will it be for? PS3, Xbox? We're waiting for the release to decided which console we're going to but...sad - yes!

Any news on release dates an what console will it be for? PS3, Xbox? We're waiting for the release to decided which console we're going to but...sad - yes!

out next year on ps3 and 360. 360 is due to get additional content (most likely new missions etc.) at a later stage though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

out next year on ps3 and 360. 360 is due to get additional content (most likely new missions etc.) at a later stage though
    Thats discrimination. I want a ps3 but it will be better on the 360.

I don't like the 360 controller so im getting the ps version:(

Plug wrote: »
    Thats discrimination. I want a ps3 but it will be better on the 360.

I don't like the 360 controller so im getting the ps version:(

wouldn't call it discrimination. business.

microsoft paid rockstar a lot of money to get some downloadable content after the game is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

wouldn't call it discrimination. business.

microsoft paid rockstar a lot of money to get some downloadable content after the game is released.

Typical for us PS fans...

Maybe i'll win the lotto n get both lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

If they are puttin in Irish gangs into the game we need:

1 Hurls
    2 Slashhooks
    3 Hi-aces
    4 Drunken Riots (at the front door of a hospital preferably)
    5 Aggro territorial Paddy taxi driver mission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

1 Hurls
    2 Slashhooks
    3 Hi-aces
    4 Drunken Riots (at the front door of a hospital preferably)
    5 Aggro territorial Paddy taxi driver mission
    6 At least one NPC called Anto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Is this news reliable enough? I would love to finally see a form of the Irish in GTA4 but somehow I find it hard to believe seeing as the game is set in something like 2013 (?) and the Irish mob days have long gone by. I just wouldnt see where they would fit it. I'd love to be proven wrong though!! Exciting all the same:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    Is this news reliable enough? I would love to finally see a form of the Irish in GTA4 but somehow I find it hard to believe seeing as the game is set in something like 2013 (?) and the Irish mob days have long gone by. I just wouldnt see where they would fit it. I'd love to be proven wrong though!! Exciting all the same:D
    Wasen't there knackers in gta vice city stories?

I dont think they will be irish gangsters just irish-american gangsters.
    Maybe there great great grandads came from county murphy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrIT

I hate it when consone users complain about games not beeng released on time us PC users we have to wait till late next year to get our hands on a copy that we can enjoy

so stop complaining and look at the brite side at least there is a gta IV out there to play and i hope its not the last in the series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

MrIT wrote: »
    I hate it when consone users complain about games not beeng released on time us PC users we have to wait till late next year to get our hands on a copy that we can enjoy

so stop complaining and look at the brite side at least there is a gta IV out there to play and i hope its not the last in the series

What are these consones you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MrIT

sorry console i was trying to spell out the term used for machines such as PS 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fergmcd

It'd be so cool to have an irish gang in the game that didnt jump around with green hats all the time chasin rainbows. still though if they put one in my bet is on them being like that irish gang in heroes, disgracefully embarassing with horrible accents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

MrIT wrote: »

full agree there. and sometimes we just get a crappy port instead of them making it decent enough. GTA r general alright with porting it across decently enough though

suppafly wrote: »
    full agree there. and sometimes we just get a crappy port instead of them making it decent enough. GTA r general alright with porting it across decently enough though

yes but generally, games out on all formats (including pc) make way, way less money on pc then on the consoles themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If this is true, I'd expect Dropkick Murphy's to be play alot on the radio! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

Anyone know if the new GTA IV will be out for the PC anytime soon???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Gazza376 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new GTA IV will be out for the PC anytime soon???

I'd say you have at least another year to wait... the release date for the console versions hasn't even been announced yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Gazza376

tman wrote: »
    I'd say you have at least another year to wait... the release date for the console versions hasn't even been announced yet

Ah no. I don't wanna wait that long:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks anyway for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I know its terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

Anyone heard that it was banned?.....one of my mates claims he was given his deposit back because the government had banned the game for excessive violence

has anyone else heard this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

ec18 wrote: »
    Anyone heard that it was banned?.....one of my mates claims he was given his deposit back because the government had banned the game for excessive violence

That would be Quarter 2-2008 ruined for all us gamers anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what a crock of ****, sorry to be blunt but it's not true.

if GTA4 doesn't come out you can pretty much kiss goodbye to games from take2.

ec18 wrote: »

has anyone else heard this?

the game hasn't been submitted for rating yet so ignore your mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

the game hasn't been submitted for rating yet so ignore your mate

cool thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Superfluous

If GTA4 would be banned then Manhunt would've been out the window a long time ago.
    This gives a good comical explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Anyone know if theres any plans to make GTA4 for the PSP?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hardly, it's be called GTA4 Stories or something, and the graphics wouldn't exactly be sophisticated now would they.

• Advertisement
Advertisement