Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA4 news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Sounds excellent,thanks 4real.

Free roam sounds fun :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

they really made the multiplayer amazing this time!!!!
    and it can be accessed through ur mobile phone at the touch of a button!
    the same as the easy drive in burnout paradise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Dutch gaming website XboxWorld.nl has posted a new preview, and with it, 9 Multiplayer screens (first multiplayer screens released). However, it seems they weren't supposed to post the screens yet, and as such Rockstar has pulled the preview, and screens.

But, gta fan site thegtaplace got the screens before they were pulled. Check them out here, they are the first 9 screens on the page.

I must say, they do look cool!!!

Images are too big to post here. Thanks to www.thegtaplace.com for the info.

Edit: It appears they are all over the net now, no chance on them been taken down now.
    Edit 2: It appears they are more new single player screens as well, below the MP screens.

the last and final trailer will be out tomorrow
    its called "What r u doing? aka Everyone's a rat!"
    we'll see wht they hav in that trailer!

these multiplayer screens r OFF THE HOOK!!! "FABULOUS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The nighttime pics look sleek.

Can this guy climb walls, random objects, and whatnot?

• Advertisement

yes niko can climb walls,buildings,bridges etc..
    but he can't swin in water!!!!:mad:
    only roam around in a boat!!

4real wrote: »

But he could swim in previous games. Bummer.

Huh? I could have swore that I read somewhere that he can swim. Have you got a source for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

only roam around in a boat!!

I'd be very surprised if this was the case!! :eek:

Benzino wrote: »
    9 Multiplayer screens (first multiplayer screens released)

It appears that these screens may be fake, with the RS NYC names been edited in :(

If you look at this image and this image, you will see that the names have swapped. The guy on the bike was RS NYC 1, and the guy with the rocket launcher was RS NYC2, but in the second image they have swapped names.

Thanks to pip14 at gta4.tv for spotting this.

• Advertisement

man it doesnt matter now!!! the game's gonna be sweet!!!

It's information overload this week with the first images of the multiplayer mode appearing yesterday and now today some very kind person has released images of the double sided map included with the PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV.

On one side there's a detailed street map showing every landmark, restaurant, store and street and on the other there's a full subway map along with the full controller layout for the PS3 version.

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map1.jpg
    http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map2.jpg
    http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map3.jpg
    http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map4.jpg
    http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map5.jpg

and this one reveals the CONTROLS!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtaiv/leakedmap/map6.jpg

Courtesy: www.gtagaming.com

Links don't work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They do. Click the link, select the address bar and press enter ;)

The latest issue of OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) contains a seven-page preview of Grand Theft Auto IV's multiplayer modes. The preview contains a lot of new screenshots, several new pieces of artwork, and some interesting information. Here's a summary of the new points covered:

* The entire map is playable during multiplayer
    * You can't play as Niko during multiplayer, but you choose a male or female character with custom clothing
    * The money you earn during multiplayer, achieved by killing opponents, determines your rank - weighted 0 to 10
    * There are three styles of voice chat chosen by the host: free, team, or proximity chat
    * You can use any vehicle (that means cars, boats, helicopters, etc) in race modes
    * Hangman's NOOSE is a four-player mode that starts at the airport. In this mode, you have to take Kenny Petrovic to a safe zone in the city while pursued by the NOOSE team (National Organization of Security Enforcement), similar to "VIP" multiplayer modes in other games
    * You can skip rockets on the ground with good aim
    * Free roam has no rules or cash, and the host decides what weapons appear. It should prove to be the most popular multiplayer mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. a video of some in-game footage would be appreciated!

I'm sick of these screens!

final trailer coming out 2morow..
    hopefully everything will be showed this time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

hopefully not! would hate it if rockstar showed their hand now so close to the games release. less is more.

dont worry they wont show it!!!!
    i heard they r more of cinematic footage rather than in-game footage

New Trailer Here

Should be playable any time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    hopefully not! would hate it if rockstar showed their hand now so close to the games release. less is more.

Wonder what time that trailer will be released nothing yet....

it will be today!
    there is no time indicated yet!
    so i guess we hav to just hang on!!!!

neacy69 wrote: »
    Wonder what time that trailer will be released nothing yet....

10pm GMT

Cynamite.de has revealed few new pieces information regarding the 4th trailer which will launch tonight at (its not confirmed. Its a rumour!) 10 PM GMT.

The trailer lasts about one minute and fifteen seconds and the high definition version will be around 78MB. This new trailer is said to contain more violence than the third.:eek::cool::rolleyes:

Im just gonna qoute www.thegtaplace.com cause im lazy.
    To coincide the release of Rockstar Games’ GTA IV, they’ll also be opening up a site called Rockstar Social Club on the very same day. Rockstar Social Club will allow you to view your online statistics, have performance-based competitions, and awards all on the site. Registration begins on April 15 using your Xbox Live Gamertag or PSN ID (they’re starting registration early so we don’t all register on the day GTA IV’s released). Below are a few details:

* “LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.”
    * “The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it’s taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.”
    * “The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative ‘key to the city’ to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.”
    * “The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.”
    * “The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.”

Special competitions, leaderboards and challenges will be given “regularly in the weeks and months following the game’s release.”

A very nice addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Major Nelson that the 4th trailer is on XBL marketplace..looking now

EDIT: yep it is downloading now.

The official GTA IV site has been updated with the fourth and final trailer titled "Good Lord, What Are You Doing?" aka "Everyone's A Rat".

http://www.gtagaming.com/gtaiv:cool:

Good trailer

yup, it rocked the casbah alright, best out of all of them imo.

• Advertisement

this is the best trailer so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's certainly a lot sleeker and more polished than previous trailers but where is the in-game footage.

Thats it, there will be no more trailers. Just gotta wait for release day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kind of worrying that there were no in-game trailers, but man am i looking forward to this. I can't bloody wait to go on a 16 man rampage through Liberty, taking on anything and everything that comes at us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Passenger wrote: »
    It's certainly a lot sleeker and more polished than previous trailers but where is the in-game footage.

That is the in game footage. The HUD is turned off to make it more realistic I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Bit disapointed to see no gameplay footage as of yet but i'm still expectin to be blown away. Anyone know what resolution(720p, 1080i or 1080p), this will be on the ps3??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Bit disapointed to see no gameplay footage as of yet but i'm still expectin to be blown away. Anyone know what resolution(720p, 1080i or 1080p), this will be on the ps3??

I read on a game site earlier(can't remember which one sorry!) that 70% of the trailer was actual gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bros123 wrote: »
    I read on a game site earlier(can't remember which one sorry!) that 70% of the trailer was actual gameplay.
    Having seen that trailer.. that's hardly true! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

??? this is "in game" footage? there's no such thing as FMV or any of that jazz from back in the Final Fantasy days. It's using in game graphics to make films and stuff. Gameplay footage will be on your own screen so soon that it doesn't matter anyway! :P NOT LONG NOW BITCHES! :D

In previous gta's, all the cut scenes were using the game engine, in other words the cut scenes graphics looked exactly the same as the in-game graphics. There is nothing to suggest that this will be any different in GTA IV.

Plus, tbh, I don't want to see any proper gameplay footage until I play the game myself, I already know too much about the game as it is.

Edit: According to Kotaku, Rockstar said that about 70% of the trailer was gameplay footage, including the car chase with the 180 degrees turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Came across this http://www.rockstargames.com/socialclub
    anybody know what it is and if it has anything to do with Gta4? :confused:

• Advertisement

Came across this http://www.rockstargames.com/socialclub
    anybody know what it is and if it has anything to do with Gta4?

Posted about this further back on this thread.

Taken from www.thegtaplace.com.
    To coincide the release of Rockstar Games’ GTA IV, they’ll also be opening up a site called Rockstar Social Club on the very same day. Rockstar Social Club will allow you to view your online statistics, have performance-based competitions, and awards all on the site. Registration begins on April 15 using your Xbox Live Gamertag or PSN ID (they’re starting registration early so we don’t all register on the day GTA IV’s released). Below are a few details:

* “LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.”
    * “The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it’s taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.”
    * “The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative ‘key to the city’ to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.”
    * “The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.”
    * “The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.”

Special competitions, leaderboards and challenges will be given “regularly in the weeks and months following the game’s release.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Thanks Benzino, I was wondering what it was..It sounds really good am looking forward to it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Benzino wrote: »
    Rockstar said that about 70% precent of the trailer was gameplay footage, including the car chase with the 180% turn.
    That 180 degree turn was my favourite part of the trailers. Cant wait to do some crazy driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

One month lads gettin close :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is also quite interesting, not sure if I'll use it tho. Rockstar sure are going all out with this game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Some of the names of the achievements to be unlocked

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/03/29/gta-iv-achievements-1-2-revealed-sort-of/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

if that was gameplay footage that 180 degree spin and the way the body fell downstairs..Some graphics..Saw in a Xbox mag the different ways people react in their cars..Looking in their rear view mirror..looking out the window to see what the hold up is etc....cant wait:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=screens&content=95
    Not the best graphics on the gun their really?..But look at some of the other landscape pictures there..unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Damn lads I'm excited. I got bored with all my assignments for college, so the next month is just plain sailing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement