Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA4 news

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Soby wrote: »
    http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=screens&content=95
    Not the best graphics on the gun their really?..But look at some of the other landscape pictures there..unreal

That looks like an old SS to me. The newer ones look so much better. I mean even look how his arm is in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Hehe.. that vid is doing the rounds today.

Stokolan wrote: »
    Hehe.. that vid is doing the rounds today.
    Impressive gameplay to say the least! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

basquille wrote: »
    Impressive gameplay to say the least! :D

Graphics look a little fuzzy on youtube... would love to see it running at 1080p!!!

tman wrote: »
    Graphics look a little fuzzy on youtube... would love to see it running at 1080p!!!
    Well, the gameplay shown there is probably still in the later stages of development. It's a little rickety but I'm sure they'll roll out all the bugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I wonder can I get that on the Amazon GTA music service???
    I REALLY REALLY hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

GameStop & Rockstar have made a commerical with new footage from the game.

Clicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I have learned his dance. I impress everyone:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Benzino wrote: »
    GameStop & Rockstar have made a commerical with new footage from the game.

Clicky

The graphics look good but not quite as good as say COD4, but they were never going to bethat good anway.Sure San andreas was far from the one of the best ps2 games graphically.They were average graphics at best.Graphics are'nt the most important thing in the game but it would be a nice surprise on april 29:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

My predictions for GTA IV;

I'l miss the countryside
    Being on foot will be more important than ever

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yep I really liked San Andreas's mixture of rural and urban landscape.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There was way too much empty countryside in SA. You just spent ages driving through fields and stuff, and it got quite annoying after a while. GTA is all about the cities imo.

I loved the soundtrack for SA, so I didn't mind just driving aimlessly around. They probably should have added a few things like Bears, leopards(i think they are in cali) and Bigfoots(lol) which might have added to the suspense..or not.

But I can see what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yep I really liked San Andreas's mixture of rural and urban landscape.
    yeh but how much country side do you see in new york these days?

the map is plenty big actually bigger than i expected.

• Advertisement

Oh none, I'm just going to miss that particular aspect of the game. As kiith said 'GTA is about the City'...I think once I get the game I won't give a damn.

new MP screens out and they look frigging awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I loved the soundtrack for SA, so I didn't mind just driving aimlessly around. They probably should have added a few things like Bears, leopards(i think they are in cali) and Bigfoots(lol) which might have added to the suspense..or not.

But I can see what you mean.

Loved that soundtrack too. Didn't know I had thing for American country music till I played that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Surely its too late now for a delay, it cant happen :(

• Advertisement

Pitchforks at the ready!

ciano1 wrote: »
    too late now, the game is gone into pressing, it would be damn right suicidal for them to delay it now.

rockstar need money, they need this game to sell, they need it to be released on the 29th.

they aren't going to waste money by having to shelve all pressed copies and go back to development at this late stage, there is just too much cost involved.

i guess this ****** is just looking to jump on the bandwagon and get himself known in the media and chose a slow-news day to do it.

''2% Improvement''

Gay.

Ok lads, what do you think I should do?

When I get the game should I just go straight into the missions, or just spend the first week and a bit driving around getting to know the city until I finish exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Aaaaah can't wait for the gta!! Aaaahh!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

what does it say??

I want to know too!! Damn you work!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's just an analyst saying that if EA were to take over Take-2, there would be a good reason for them to delay it (holiday sales). Just some idiot hoping to draw attention to himself though. It's not going to happen though, Take-2's position is that they should wait till after release to even consider selling out to EA (which makes a huge amount of sense, on the back of a successful launch their shares will be worth much more). And unless there's secret talks moving things forward at the moment (which is very unlikely since the board have made a public position to the shareholders they have to answer to), it's unlikely EA would get control before release date. Not to mention the contracts they would have in place with MS, Sony and game retailers all over the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Falling into EA's hands would be the worst possible thing to happen to GTA :(

Imagine the next version of GTA with EA Trax and in-game advertising and herpes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

how is this multiplayer going to work, i ****ing hope the god they have their own servers as they can **** right off if they think i'm piggy backing on some crappy adsl connection shared between 8-12 players.

• Advertisement

There wont be dedicated servers. Live! doesnt work that way unfortunatly. I can see lag being a massive problem, at least at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Wow those shots look very giggity :eek:

Can't wait to find a Honda Civic-esque car and cruise with da boys :p

But seriously, I couldn't deal with another delay...The game is finished at the moment, all they are probably doing is getting orders ready and bundling it up...so they would lose money if they waited, by having to cancel all orders and unpackage and destroy all of the old stuff, and paying the programmers for another 3+ months of coding, all for a "2% improvement"...and I bet loads of people would then not buy the game, simply because of the delays...Is it just me, or has every big GTA game been delayed? I'd swear they're actual release date was 29th April, but they deliberatly set it earlier for a staged delay to build tension...

</rant>

Not sure about that Kiith, apparently Burnout Paradise relies on dedicated servers in the background.

Can't wait to find a Honda Civic-esque car and cruise with da boys :p

Oh God no.
    I think Ill give multiplayer a skip if there's even a hint of boy-racers

i'm afraid he's right Stephen, check out this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271675
    jimbo78 wrote: »
    Oh God no.
    I think Ill give multiplayer a skip if there's even a hint of boy-racers
    you wouldn't think of torching the bejaysus out of them no?

Hehe. Never thought of that. There's hope yet

Bollocks. That P2P sh1te is the worst thing about console multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Pity. SA_MP is great on PC, if you get a good server. 150+ players and no lag :rolleyes:

I'm going for the PS3 title as well, which isn't exactly kind on bandwidth, especially with wireless...

Stephen wrote: »
    Bollocks. That P2P sh1te is the worst thing about console multiplayer.

one of the main reasons i refuse to pay for xbox live tbh. i don't mind ps3's online being ****e because i'm not charged for it. but MS being money grabbing bastards charge you so you can be hosted on a ****ty 1mbit adsl line.

i'd imagine the multiplayer will crash and burn no mattter how good it is, and if it doesn't well then rockstar will have some mighty fine netcode on par with id software's netcode in the olden days.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    There wont be dedicated servers. Live! doesnt work that way unfortunatly. I can see lag being a massive problem, at least at first.

Maybe the PS3 will have dedicated servers?

The official site has been updated again.

This is really annoying me now. I can't get access to the thing because I entered in the birthdate wrong about 2 months ago, or whenever the site opened.

This is really annoying me now. I can't get access to the thing because I entered in the birthdate wrong about 2 months ago, or whenever the site opened.
    clear your browser temp. internet files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Sory Cremo, that wont make a different, It uses a shared object rather than a cookie

delete your shared objects here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

<username> Is your account name on your computer

You'd be surprised what sits are storing info on your computer without you knowing it through flash!

cheers for that, but I can't find the marcromedia file.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Instead off looking for it, just type the address into the address bar on 'my computer' (substituting your own username) and you'd get there

What you need to do is go to the macromedia flash player settings manager. That will show you all flash cookies stored on your pc and you can delete them.
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

It's ridiculous that it stores info about you in this way without prompting by default, that you have to go to this website to clear it, and that it's available to any website that feels like checking your browsing habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 danANfear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piCbOD_kEMs

Intro to GTA IV. At the end there's about a minute of gameplay, so you can skip ahead if you don't want to spoil the start.

Thanks danANfear. Gameplay starts at 6:18 in for anyone who wants to skip the intro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

a little birdy had told me the game has leaked onto the more illicit corners of da interweb. Very tempted

• Advertisement
Advertisement