Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelby's Restaurant

Options
  • 18-10-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has eaten in the new restaurant on Bray Main Street "Shelby's"?

I've heard from friends of people who have been to it and it's meant to be lovely. Any idea what type of food, prices are like etc??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I went there last night, based on a recommendation in another forum, and was a bit disappointed I have to say. The restaurant itself is comfortable, and nicely decorated, the staff are friendly and polite etc. etc.

But, the food, I would just describe as adequate, to be honest, really nothing special, and for me, the portion sizes were bordering on the "call into the chipper on the way home" level. Pricewise, .. two people, 3 courses plus wine came to €117 which I thought was way too pricey for what we got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 mcgiggy

I ate in Shelbys last week - I found everything from the food to the service to be excellent. Nearly as good as the Martello's Tower Bistro...def worth a go and I will be returning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

It's nice but would benefit from a bit more variety on the menu. The only thing you can have with your main is 'Shelbys Fries' which are just glorified chips. Can't complain about food though.

Advertisement