Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiles On a TERRAZZO floor

Options
  • 18-10-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm doing up akitchen in my 60 year old house. I plan to lay tiles on the floor. However I'm not sure can if I lay tiles on a TERRAZZO floor. TERRAZZO is the stuff you see in old train stations, schools and public buildings. The people in the tile shops don't seem to be sure if the floor can take it. They mentioned something about concrete absorbing water and TERRAZZO not. Has anybody experienced this problem? i wonder would it be worth chancing it with a flexible adhesive??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

floyd333 wrote: »
    I'm doing up akitchen in my 60 year old house. I plan to lay tiles on the floor. However I'm not sure can if I lay tiles on a TERRAZZO floor. TERRAZZO is the stuff you see in old train stations, schools and public buildings. The people in the tile shops don't seem to be sure if the floor can take it. They mentioned something about concrete absorbing water and TERRAZZO not. Has anybody experienced this problem? i wonder would it be worth chancing it with a flexible adhesive??

I'm certainly no expert but as far as I know, terrazzo can be either bound in cement, epoxy or a combination of both. I suspect that because yours is 60 years old it is probably cement. This would probably make a difference, no?

Advertisement