Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - First 3 months free

Options
  • 18-10-2007 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I signed-up for NTL Broadband (the 3MB package) around the end of July/start of August. Does anyone remember a sign-up offer around this time where the first 3 months were free? Or was it just a figment of my imagination?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Laslo wrote: »
    I signed-up for NTL Broadband (the 3MB package) around the end of July/start of August. Does anyone remember a sign-up offer around this time where the first 3 months were free? Or was it just a figment of my imagination?

€9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

stanley1 wrote: »
    €9.99

Cheers, thanks stanley1. I thought it was as something like that. The bas**rds have just billed me for 3 full months. Will get on to them. I don't suppose you have any links that I can use to reinforce my point? They can just as easily tell me that there was no offer on at the time (which is what they're doing, believe it or not!!!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

According to their own site here, it's €19.99 per month for the offer price and €29.99 per month after that. What price are you paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Its been €9.99 for a while, or at least it was when i took their service about 18 mths ago. Althou they billed me the full monthly rate on the first billing until i called them and put them straight.

I had to get rid of it after the 3 mths as it was the worst Broadband i ever had, it was suppose to be a 6mb line it never got above 1 mb except for one day in the 3 mths, but most of the time it was not working at all. I then attempted to switch to Digiweb (but thats another story) i ended up going back to eircom. They seem to be the best of a bad lot.

I called Comreg to complain about NTL\Chorus and guess what, they could'ent register a complaint as broadband is not regulated, all i could do was register a complaint for false advertising (as they had a big campaign on at the time) Namely, advertising a product they obviously could not supply.

Any way if either of you are in the Cork area i am wondering has the service improved ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Awful Scut Mk2

Well, I logged on to this forum thinking of asking around had NTL's notoriously bad service improved, as I'm sick of paying line rental.

Looks like I have an answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement