Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Removal

Options
  • 18-10-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys I'm doing my undergrad thesis on the changing meanings and image of tattoos and part of my study is going to be on tattoo removals. So if you've had a tattoo removed, are in the process of doing so or are considering it I'd really appreciate it if you would give me an interview.

PM me if you're interested and wish to know further details:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

dunno an awful lot about them, but would recommend a cover-up tattoo much more than I would recommend getting the tattoo removed. Replace whatever the person would have and dislike with something that they will love. Beats angry looking scar tissue from tattoo removal any day, and probably less pain too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

dunno an awful lot about them, but would recommend a cover-up tattoo much more than I would recommend getting the tattoo removed. Replace whatever the person would have and dislike with something that they will love. Beats angry looking scar tissue from tattoo removal any day, and probably less pain too!

You are restricted to designs and certain colours if you want a cover up. Even then a cover up is always pretty obvious to a person familiar with tattoos. I am getting tattoos removed so I can get the area tattooed again. They only need to be lightened rather than completely removed to allow a new tattoo to be done without the restrictions of a cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I have seen some pretty awesome looking cover up jobs though, with a wide range of colours being used...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

The ones I have are pretty colourfull which is hard to remove. That isn't a problem as I want to get a colour one over them. The prob is with the outlines showing through the new tattoo. I am still not sure what to do. I would definitely go with a cover up if I was certain it would be a nice job.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

The ones I have are pretty colourfull which is hard to remove. That isn't a problem as I want to get a colour one over them. The prob is with the outlines showing through the new tattoo. I am still not sure what to do. I would definitely go with a cover up if I was certain it would be a nice job.

Some artists will tattoo white over the old tattoo, wait till it heals and then do the new design over the healed 'white' tat. Sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 soloeffort

i have a small black tattoo on my back that i want to get removed.I went to a place in dublin to get laser treatment and was told that it could take 2 years to remove and that I should go once a month. It costs €100 per session, does this seem a waste of money or are there cheaper ways to get it removed?....Do i really have to go once a month or will i wait until every 2 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 loozinfat

aoifala wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm doing my undergrad thesis on the changing meanings and image of tattoos and part of my study is going to be on tattoo removals. So if you've had a tattoo removed, are in the process of doing so or are considering it I'd really appreciate it if you would give me an interview.

PM me if you're interested and wish to know further details:)

I know someone who had one removed on his arm...looks BAD:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

in my experiance its the black thats harder to remove that the colour.. but i could be wrong.

Advertisement