Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in hotel

Options
  • 19-10-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I am thinking about going to a hotel for Christmas dinner this year and maybe staying overnight on Christmas night. Does anyone have any ideas where would be good to go and roughly how much it would cost for 4 people, preferably in Dublin

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd be curious about this too... Christmas is always a pain in the hole for me so I like to make myself scarce...

I usually resort to hiding out in my office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We stayed in the Berkely Court for the past 2 Christmas's - it is now sadly closed, but there are lots of other hotels that do Christmas deals. We all had a wonderful time and they were great with my mum who is wheelchair bound. It is well worth the money - sorry that I do not know prices, my brother and my father paid both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I hear that, renegade. I am spending this christmas on a white sand beach, up to me apricots in lovely weed.

:D

I repeat, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

You'll have a much wider range of choices if you do stay Christmas night. Booking well in advance would be a help.
    Was looking for somewhere to go for Christmas dinner with my father 2 years ago. Most places were either closed or residents only.

Ended up in the Westin on Westmoreland St. Fantastic service, excellent food, had a great day, but pretty pricey - think it worked out at 130 each. Plus trying to get a taxi back was a nightmare*, concierge was great and spent about 40 minutes ringing back to places, but still took a further hour to get a taxi.

(*nightmare consisted of waiting consuming much drink in the Westin Atrium, so not all that bad)

[edit]
    Just dug through all my old e-mails. Unfortunately, I've deleted most of the replies. Your best bet is to e-mail each hotel, they're usually fairly quick to come back. I've included addresses below for the ones I tried. Based on my sent items:

- Westin (reservations.dublin@westin.com) cost 145 per person (yes, that's just for dinner, with mulled wine reception. Think a glass of champagne too, and may have included bottle of wine with dinner, can't remember)

- Conrad was open, 120 per person

- The Trinity Capital on Pearse St (info@trinitycapital-hotel.com) may have been open, but I didn't fancy it for the price.

The rest were all either closed altogether, or only serving Christmas dinner to residents:
    - info@clontarfcastle.ie
    - info@thegresham.com
    - julie.obrien@ocallaghanhotels.com - this covers the Alexander, Davenport, Mont Clare, and one on Stephen's Green
    - sales@themorgan.com
    - info@clarionhotelifsc.com (Clarion hotel in the IFSC)
    - info@holidayinndublin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I see from passing that jurys ballsbridge will reopen soon, not as jurys,proably just a temp thing untill planning comes through. Not sure about the berkley though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my granny's sister used to stay in the fitzwilliam on the green, dont know if she still does it though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Stay at home. Christmas is the one day of the year to do that. Stay at home, eat at home, watch the tv, be with the family (rows and all). I was in a hotel on Christmas Day for dinner once. We weren't staying there, just going for dinner. Even at that, I couldn't wait to get home. It just wasn't right being there, even though it was with family. It did not feel like Christmas. You've nights all year to stay in a hotel. Pick one of them. Pick an ordinary weekend and turn it into something special and that way get a bonus, or go away close to Christmas. That'd be my advice.

Advertisement