Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to have something deleted...

Options
  • 19-10-2007 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I need to get a thread be deleted, if not the whole thread then at least last post in the thread?

I'd never seen or heard of this post, until now(5 years later!),
    and the only reason i have is because none other than my mother googled my real name,

who then rang me (in australia) to tell me that the entire world has seen this.

Whats the world coming to i ask you?

Considering that a lot of employment agencies and employers will actually google someones name these days it could cause hassle.

Whichever admin would be good enough to do this please PM me and i will send on the link for the thread
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

link to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

an admin wont be arsed to do it for you.

why dont you just pm the mod of the forum. much easier.

not all mods look at this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

link to the thread?
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wow. Nosey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Wow. Nosey.
    true :o

still though...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you can't get a hold of the relevant forum mod, I guess I can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Thanks for the quick reply,

The reason i posted here was because it was an archived page that was showing up in the google search.

The forum that the thread in question was posted on is no more so i wasnt sure what to do...

PM wingin its way to you Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

As far as I know, once it's been trawled by google (and the other search engines) it will be kept in their search database cache pretty much indefinitely. Removing the thread/post from boards will have no affect.

Probably a good example of not saying anything on the internet you wouldn't be prepared to shout out in a room full of friends, family and prospective employers..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

i agree,

but its not me who posted it, it was something that was posted about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just because you have ze Aids does not mean people will judge you differently. Just accept what you has and other peoples will do ze same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hope you get it sorted Panda :)
    Kenny 5 wrote: »
    Just because you have ze Aids does not mean people will judge you differently. Just accept what you has and other peoples will do ze same.

Tumbleweed.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

so, its not on our site any more, you didnt post it, you arent challenging its veracity and you wont tell us what thread (which is no longer live here).

Exactly what was it you wanted us to do again?

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

DeVore wrote: »
    Exactly what was it you wanted us to do again?

Maybe a good reference from the admins here may be a good compromise,IMO a reference from one of the fine Admins on your CV saying you are a good guy/girl should outweigh anything bad nasty google says about you.:D

Or to save everybody the hassle can you not deny it was you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Something was reported on the 'West' board, by this fellow, I believe. A thread from back in 2002 had someone saying some rather nasty things about his character, so I have deleted the post in question.

Is that everything sorted now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The child is in Junior Infants now btw. She looks just like you (red face and all). Please send money. :D

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tumbleweed.gif

Yeah I dunno either......was out that night.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

LOL @ Kenny

Advertisement