Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

green diseal and nct

Options
  • 19-10-2007 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

i spoke to a farmer tonight whos diseal car is going for the nct next week, the fool has green diseal in it.. he said it wont make any diference but oi personaly think its a bit smoky than normal diseal ? surly this will fail the test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Can't say for certain but I doubt it would make a difference. It's just diesel with a green dye in it. I doubt green dye effects emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I'm pretty sure a dip test isn't part of the NCT either but I'd just fill it up with normal Diesel not to arise suspicion :)

Though this wouldn't effect the outcome of green diesel tests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Wont make a difference what so ever. Its the exact same as normal diesel.

Its only dyed green so farmers can only use it in their machinery (its a lot cheaper than regular diesel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Healyc wrote: »
    Wont make a difference what so ever. Its the exact same as normal diesel.

Its only dyed green so farmers can only use it in their machinery (its a lot cheaper than regular diesel).
    'Marked gas oil' (green diesel here in Ireland) is cheaper because it's taxed at a lower rate, and "is intended for use for a purpose other than combustion in the engine of a motor vehicle".
    This makes it legal to use in industrial plant like generators, diggers, etc as well as agricultural machinery.

The [SIZE=-1]Irish Road Haulage Association are campaigning to clarify the grey area of people using 'fast' tractors running on green diesel to haul goods on the road for commercial purposes.[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

no bother maybe he will leave it in it so, his nct isn't till next week somtime.. i tought his car was a bit on the smokey smell side... mite have just been me tho lol :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement