Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Colouring

• 19-10-2007 7:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5

Hi all hope someone out there can help!! I have naturally dark brown hair but deperately want to go blonde!! Before anyone starts going on about getting it by having highlights I'll stop you now. Last year I tried that but it just p*ssed me off never getting to the blonde I really wanted!!!

So I have been doing some research and I have seen that I could get my hair bleeched then get a blonde dye over the bleech to achieve the colour I want. Basically what I would like to know is has anyone done this and what experiences they have had!!

I will be getting it done in a hairdressers but just wanted to see what others out there got done!!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

Getting your hair bleached then dyed is going to make it really bright and it can sometimes after a few washes go a bit yellow looking. Also if you have dark eyebrows with really bright blonde hair can look a bit silly although you could dye your eyebrows as well but thats a bit extreme.

I was blonde for a while I had highlights but they were to hard to keep. If you are going to to go all blonde just make sure you go to a really good hairdresser and good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's definitely possible but before you take the plunge you need to know how much the maintenance will cost. A full tint needs to be retouched much more often than highlights, so if you go from dark brown to blonde you'll be looking at having your roots done every 4 weeks.
    Make sure you go to a very good salon, a cheap job will look awful. (Please don't tint your eyebrows, it looks very dodgy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 loumoo

Thanks for that no I don't intend on dying my eye brows if they look too dark I'll get them tinted in beauty salon if needed!! I know that it'll cost to up keep it but I'm willing to budget it into my expenses eaxh month!!!

Oh i do intend on going to a good hair dressers I'm going into Toni & Guy for a consultation & into House of Colour too going to see some other hairdressers too before hitting the bottle!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bleach is very damaging on your hair, (which is why people like Sarah Harding ended up with short hair I reckon) so bear that in mind when you consider the maintenance part. Repeated dying will make your hair weak and brittle. I get highlights, not all over colour and even so I ended up having to not dye my hair for a year to get the condition back. But good luck with it, enjoy bein a blonde.:)

Advertisement