Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call me a little out of touch but...

Options
  • 19-10-2007 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

I seem to remember, a while back :o, there being an option to use a promo code from boards to get some free FON stuff...

It was only today when I decided to update my profile that I discovered there was a FON promo code in there. So, naturally I jumped for joy at the prospect of free stuff and promptly followed the link to received my promised goodies. Imagine my surprise when I was promptly informed by the Fon shop that my promotional code had expired? :(

Now, I know I am out of the loop as I consider myself the classic lurker with a poor memory... but has this offer expired? Are Fon a bunch of cruel, heartless types that take a certain amount of pleasure in depriving me of my free stuff?

Whats the deal?

If this is just a left over from a while back then I could live with that, even if my hopes have been so cruelly dashed...

Apologies if this is more suited to the help desk but us lurker types really dont pay attention to such imperialised standards as "correct fora" :p
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's been expired for about 9 months now I think
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=870

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, that was a most prompt if somewhat embarassing reply. Kudos!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I got my free FON router! :)
    Also got one for a friend of mine, very handy

Cabaal wrote: »
    I got my free FON router! :)
    Also got one for a friend of mine, very handy
    Hiss!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Admins might want to take that field out then..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Admins might want to take that field out then..

agreed

I dont know, I kinda like it.

Its a gentle reminder of who to lay the smacketh upon, when I become Overlord of Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I got one but never used it and I'm probably not going to. I moved after I got it. You're welcome to it if you collect it or pay for postage Ivan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Convert them to wireless bridges. Problem solved.

Shush!

and how much would postage be or where are you for collection?
    How would I pay for it? oO0

Giblet is a liar, a crazy liar, ignore everything he says!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don't worry you can still have it Ivan. I'm in dublin 24 and work on the road, around north dublin, north kildare. PM me

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Onkle wrote: »
    Don't worry you can still have it Ivan. I'm in dublin 24 and work on the road, around north dublin, north kildare. PM me
    He's offaly far away from you...

Actually, when I discovered the whole FON scandal, it was because I was trying to update my location to Offaly/Dublin ;) I'm currently living and working in swords but I have no knowledge of this wonderous dublin 24 place, so I might have to go with the latter option of paying for P&P.

If you can send me a PM with your paypal details or a bank account info or something reasonable I'm sure we can come to some kind of reasonable compromise ;)

I could maybe meet you in the city centre at some point either, but I'm working shifts these days so that could be very traumatic for me :p

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I recommend you take the man up on his private message suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You're a little out of touch

Advertisement