Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best car to buy for me?

Options
  • 19-10-2007 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Ive been driving a 1.3 Fiesta since March. After xmas i want to buy a car, am not sure what to go for? Any suggestions guys? Am thinking of spending between €5-7000
    Cars ive been thinking of: Ford Focus, Mazda 323F, VW Golf (so popular though!!)
    And yes i also have a provisional, and im 30.
    Dont wanna go for a big car. Small works for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

If you are going for the Focus - get the 1.6 - the 1.4 is underpowered - insurance wont be much more anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks a lot curran appreciate it. what year would u be looking at with mileage for the 1.6 focus for 5-7 grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

wudnt go for a 1.6 focus...they give way more trouble than the 1.4 model. engine isnt as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

prendy wrote: »
    wudnt go for a 1.6 focus...they give way more trouble than the 1.4 model. engine isnt as good.

Could you please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Also interested to hear more about the 1.6 giving more problems - never heard anything more than any other car giving problems! You always hear of the odd car giving problems but theres bound to be a few like that when they produce so many perfectly good cars!!
    I had the 1.4 Zetec Hatch - love the car - great handling and comforable - only problem i had was it was underpowered - but couldnt but the 1.6 cos I was only 20 on my provisional and 1st policy and insurance was alot more expensive 5 years ago - espically if going for a 1.6 over a 1.4 but thats not an issue here as the OP is over 25 so wouldnt make a huge difference!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've owned 6 Foci with 1.6 petrol engines. Never had as much as a hiccup out of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Excellent news about the petrol 1.6 thus far then with the Focus. anyone mention what year/mileage i should be getting for 5-7000 grand roughly?
    I've owned 6 Foci with 1.6 petrol engines. Never had as much as a hiccup out of any of them.

Advertisement