Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help "covering up" for Halloween...

• 19-10-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

My costume is pretty revealing and I need ideas on how to make it less so! Can't just turn up at the Boards beers half nekkid!

My costume is sort of 'I Dream of Jeannie'ish but you can see the whole length of my legs and the top is TINY...

So I was looking for ideas on how to cover up a bit?

Maybe wear red tights? Though that might look fairly dumb...

PLEASE help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

what colour is your costume?

how's about leggings or footless tights in a similar colour to your costume?

As for on top? A spangly bolero maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Can't just turn up at the Boards beers half nekkid!

there goes my 'birthday suit' idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

geuro wrote: »
    there goes my 'birthday suit' idea...

Fully naked is okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

assertain a mother of a long coat to get into town, then take it off when you get in, I can assure you you won't be the only lass wearin the minimal! I've seen some other cossies and I know mine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

My costume is red (the top and the v important part of the pants) and pale pink (sleeves, leg-part of trousers).

I think leggings might look kinda weird?

Stark it'll be my first ever Boards beers - I don't want to make too much of a first impression!!!!

Edit: What's your costume like, Le Rack? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Maybe footless tights underneath would work!!!

Where could I get a pair of (relatively chap) red footless tights?

The part that bothers me most actually is the middle part - the pants are pretty low and the top stops just under my breasts so.....

But there's nothing I can think of that would work at covering it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Dinxminx wrote: »
    Where could I get a pair of (relatively chap) red footless tights?

The part that bothers me most actually is the middle part - the pants are pretty low and the top stops just under my breasts so.....

But there's nothing I can think of that would work at covering it up!

Red Footless tights, Dunnes!!! I think €6 or maybe even €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If you're worried about the middle part, could you go into a fabric shop and get a few yards of red mesh type material, or gauzy material, and attach it to the underneath of the bra bit to cover up the middle? tuck it into the pants if needs be (although would probably look better left out loose), but if you just do a quick sew job (assuming you're not hiring the costume) and attach the mesh/gauze/sheer material all round the underneath of the bra part, hey presto, tummy covered up a bit but still revealing enough :):)

I know this is going to sound really retarded but 1. I'm pretty useless at the old home ec. and 2. Where are there any fabric shops? There used to be a hickeys in stephens green but it's disappeared!!

Pixie thanks for the tip about the tights - gonna go get them today!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

very nice i'm makin my own arabian princess costume :p
    there's hickeys on henry st they are very good. i jus got a pair of silky pyjama bottoms and bought this gorgeous meshy material to go over them. now have to sew....not lookin forward.
    but anyway i think i know the costume your talkin about. where did you get it cos i couldnt find that type of costume anywhere so have to resort to my womanly skills :D
    and if ya got it flaunt it.....i dont at the moment, only a week to tone up my stomach...oh who am i kiddin :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Covering up? People today...

k you've got the Blanery Woolen mills just at the Ha'penny Bridge, and Hickey's up on henry street, that would work!but do not attempt to sew stuff to your bra, unless it's just a tack here n there, cuz it will not work, trust me I've had roaring matcheds with my material the past few days!

my costume, lol, ye know The Wizard of Oz? And the witch gets crushed by the house? and all you can see is her legs with the black and white stockings and the ruby slippers? Well I'm gonna be her, the witch of the east, but I figure since we never see her top half Im kinda customising it, it's basically a bra with streamer sorta things outta it!

Oh and some other really col material shops on parnell one on each side of the cineplex, couple hundred metres either way

Idunnoutellme, my soctume's from Miss Fantasia (hence the mostly-nakedness) and I have a week to tone up my tummy too! The race is on!!!

Le Rack, thanks a million, gonna try get in there today and find some materials!! And thanks for the sewing tip - knowing me I would have ended up with a big ol' mess..... sort of have an idea though not sure it'll work... Your costume idea is so cool!! I can't wait to see all of you!

Idunnoutellme what colour is your costume? What are the chances we'll look like twins!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

honest to god people, ican't believe no one's asked this yet

pics? all the better to help you with...

Okay don't be fooled by the VERY MISLEADING picture. The leg part is completely see-through and the top is ridiculously tiny. I don't know how they made it look so decent in the photo but trust me, when I put it on it looks very different...

schmexy! Ah it'll be fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think you'll be contesting with PiP.. :D

pips is more revealing ive seen it!!! my top is slightly revealing but meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hdal

That's so cute!! I'd wear same colour hotpants under the costume & just leave your belly showing. Trust me, there'll be girls wearing less. It's halloween, most girls use it to look slutty!! x

• Advertisement

have you ever gone out, like, anywhere, 90% or girls look slutty on a regular basis and b!tch at people who look at em funny or make comments on their appearance cuz they think they look oh so hot...

Don't worry about it though, get some of the black boy pants for girls or summit if you're that conscious of the bottoms, n don't worry bout to thop halp too much as i said mine is basically a bra with streamers, whats makin me happy bout wearin it is knowin there'll be people there wearin less, possibly lookin worse!

Thanks for the help everyone! Got the red tights and that looks fine so just gonna look for flat genie-like shoes - maybe those weird ones that curve upwards at the tip? Anyone know where I can get a pair (that aren't hideously expensive?)

Gonna take hdal's advice and leave my tummy showing - I figure it'd take away from the costume if I don't. nd Le Rack thanks for everything! You've been great!

I am great! :D
    (sorry couldn't resist)
    emm..there used to be an egyptian shop in stephens green but think it's closed down now....try up along parnell etc where all the foreign shops are...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I saw those shoes your talking about in Pull and bear yesterday! In silver so will look great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

dimxninx(that right) nochance we will look the same i made my costume ;)
    its baby blue and i finally finished it off last nite, took a picture an sent to all my mates. so excited cant wait for halloween. dunno if i'll be able to leave my house in that outfit tho...it'll take a couple shots of vodka, maybe several :D

Advertisement