Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mynute 14e gas boiler does not turn on

Options
  • 19-10-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a sealed gas heating system that ceased to work. I believe the heart of the system is Vokera mynute 14e gas boiler that does simply not turn on.
    We had it set on timer and did not pay attention to it until yesterday when I realized it should not beTHAT freezing cold at home.
    Checked the boiler, no- it would not turn on. Just like that. There is reset-on-off switch, would not start. There is not much else I can turn on or off so I removed the cover. I hoped to see a red button or something like that :D No Luck. The gas is supplied to the house. What is wrong? What can I do? Or - does anyone have a manual for this mynute 14e perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Did it ever work?
    Does it make any sounds or noises?
    Does it light up on the main panel?
    Is the main switch (usually on the wall beside the clock) on, or does this unit have the clock built into the heater?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

also what does the pressure gauge say is it below .5 bar

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

If your water pressure is down then you will not get a kick out of the boiler at all not even the pump running, red light only comes after a failed attempt to light or an over heat or some other malfunction during operation

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Also check out the thermostats , are they set too low. If set too low then the boiler won't turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'm sure you've checked the obvious, power to the boiler etc?? www.Vokera.co.uk should have manuals, quiet a few to choose from, I copied a few from their site last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement