Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHTML Pages from MS Access

Options
  • 19-10-2007 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have a number of DHTML pages created from MS Access and what I need to do is:
    1. Find a simple easy way of linking all of these to one main front page.
    2. Have an easy navigation system to and from the main page.
    3. Have some form of security on the either the individual pages or on the main page, preferably linked to User names and passwords.

Anybody got any ideas ? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I take it this is for college?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Huffer1979

afraid not, it is a work project.
    currently a load of information is stored in excel on a monthly basis and I have to come up with more user freindly way of managing it through access while providing some better security

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Access has major problems with concurrent users as it relies on the application itself to provide security. MySQL or MS SQL would be better on the backend as pages could be served directly from there. You could even use 'linked tables' with ODBC drivers to build an access front end.

Advertisement