Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Local Area History

• 19-10-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Ok, for LCVP, I have to do a project on "My own Place". I live in Dunbrody(if anyone knows where that is), just outside Campile, and I was wondering if anyone would have any sources of local history.
    I have some info on the abbey itself but I'm also looking for the general area history itself, any interesting little nuggets....

If anyone could help me, that'd be great.

LMP.

Comments

There are a variety of books available on local areas in Wexford - don't know of any for Dunbrody but possibly get in touch with any of the 'historic centres' or the OPW for links to books.

I know that doesn't really help, sorry¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

The New Ross Library may have some books on local history also try the visitor centre across from the Abbey, hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I live five minutes away from the centre, its closed now until next April/may.....

New Ross Library has very little from what i saw the other day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Try Wexford Town library. Ask at the counter, and they're bound to be able to help you out. They're closed on Sundays and Mondays, but open at various times during the day the rest of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The County Library in Wexford is definitely your best bet. Make sure to ask them at the counter as they may have some books that are not on the shelves that could come in handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donde

You could try some of the people who compile the local calender every year.They have gathered a lot of material together over the years.

Advertisement