Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E5 fuel? Maxol. Airport?

Options
  • 19-10-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Guys, Anyone know the garage in the Airport? what brand is it? If its Maxol it stocks E5 (99.2 octane) unleaded. Just looknig for a close place to refill and cannot remember if the airport garage is Maxol or Shell or whatever?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Its a Maxol, not sure about the Super Unleaded though.. they dont stock it in Artaine castle branch..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

this might give you a hand
    http://www.maxol.ie/e5/locations.html

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Slightly off topic but no point in using a different post, but whats the main difference between e5 and standard unleaded besides the environment?

Thanks

Correct me if im wrong here but, its a higher octane fuel, good for those who run japanese imports as these are mapped for higher octane fuel so little or no loss in HP through fueling issues

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

projectgtr wrote: »
    Correct me if im wrong here but, its a higher octane fuel, good for those who run japanese imports as these are mapped for higher octane fuel so little or no loss in HP through fueling issues
    That was my thinking alright. But Im not sure what value the 5% bioethanol would have on top of standard RON95..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Bio fuels contain much higher octane than the standard rubbish we get here... In my Teg i filled up with the 95 stuff and got around 40km's less out of it than using Shell V power, with better acceleration too! And i drive the same roads everyweek..
    So its better for the environment and your jap import car..

the E5 is 99ron if im not mistaken and as for the shell v power thats only 95ron in ireland 99 in most countries:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

As I said in the Motors Forum:
    E92 wrote:
    ECU only reprogrammes the engine if you use a fuel lower than the recommended octane rating of your car and unless we're talking about a high performance and/or direct injection car, it makes very little(if any) difference performance wise. If you use a higher octane rating than the recommended it makes no difference whatsoever.

But as E5 is perfectly acceptable to every other car made in the past 10-15 years and will reduce the car's net CO2 emissions by around 4%, whats not to like about it?

What is the standard octane rating on most Jap imports(I mean the ones with a highly tuned engine, like a MIVEC FTO, the standard ones are often the same as the ones sold here so I know the answer to that bit)? I've never heard of anything higher than a recommended rating of 98 RON.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

E92 wrote: »
    As I said in the Motors Forum:

What is the standard octane rating on most Jap imports(I mean the ones with a highly tuned engine, like a MIVEC FTO, the standard ones are often the same as the ones sold here so I know the answer to that bit)? I've never heard of anything higher than a recommended rating of 98 RON.

subaru legacy B4 RSK requires 104 ron petrol to run properly

Advertisement