Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 employee's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 19-10-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,
    Just wondering is it in your working contract that you cannot disclose who owns mobile phones. ie. I have 2 x 086 numbers and I do not know who they are. I cannot access their voicemail so I'm none the wiser. How can I go about finding out who owns these phones.
    Tried looking up reverse phonebook with no success.
    Its important that i find out these numbers because they relate to a extremely personal matter which is very important to my family and particularly my elderly folks.
    Can anyone help me with this, confidential obviously.
    Thanks and waiting in hope

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

It's called Data preotection, and all operators abide by it.
    If this is such a personnel matter and the information is that important to you, talking to a solicitor and getting them to act on your behave, they can write to the network operator and request the data based on legal requirements.
    Talk to your families solicitor and seek advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from Work/Jobs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

call the cops, they can investigate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

the guards are the only people who can request that kind of information from the op co's....if an employee gave it to you then they would be in serious breach of there work practices and contract guidelines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 YNWA2005

yeah, kinda of guessed that about data protection, worth a shot anyway. will eventually go to the cops about it as these people who own these phones had a Part to play in the unfortunate passing of my brother.
    thanks all anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sorry man but thats the way it is and has to be. If scumbags affected your brother I am also sorry to tell you that with his passing everything else becomes hearsay evidence which may not even result in a proper investigation .

It would almost be better to approach Joe Duffy or Marian Finucane and broadcast the story if you want scum to get comeuppance and flush other victims out who may be able to file a report that will be investigated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

YNWA2005 wrote: »
    yeah, kinda of guessed that about data protection, worth a shot anyway. will eventually go to the cops about it as these people who own these phones had a Part to play in the unfortunate passing of my brother.
    thanks all anyway

The phones may be evidence and should be passed to the Gardai immediately !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It would almost be better to approach Joe Duffy or Marian Finucane and broadcast the story if you want scum to get comeuppance and flush other victims out who may be able to file a report that will be investigated.
    Torches and pitchforks anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i really don't think the likes of joe duffy are gonna get anything done. They do provide a nice place to vent though!

Let the guards get the work done, give them all the information you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

really nothing they(the guards) can do either as there is no real way of identifying the person(s) and as your brother has unfortunately passed meaning there is no longer a complainant in this case unless they acknowledged some link between his passing and the two 086 numbers they would i fear not even investigate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement