Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston to Blanchardstown SC

Options
  • 19-10-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I'll be in Dublin in the morning as I have to be in Blanchardstown SC for about 11am.

Just wanted to get a rough idea if anyone knows how much a cab from Heuston out there would be likely to cost me?

Thanks

Enda
    --

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Not totally sure, but expect to pay in the region of €15-20 as its a straight run up through the Phoenix Park & Castleknock.

I you have enough time and want to save money, get the link bus to Connolly Street station and pop on the Arrow train to Coolmine, which is a short walk from the SC

The 39 bus to the SC runs up the quays quite close to Heuston also, Queen Street/Blackhall Place IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Cool, thanks!

I think I'll get a cab as i'll be tight enough for time and have to bring a few bits with me.. not handy for the bus!

Thanks!

Enda
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fdevine wrote: »
    Not totally sure, but expect to pay in the region of €15-20 as its a straight run up through the Phoenix Park & Castleknock.

I you have enough time and want to save money, get the link bus to Connolly Street station and pop on the Arrow train to Coolmine, which is a short walk from the SC

The 39 bus to the SC runs up the quays quite close to Heuston also, Queen Street/Blackhall Place IIRC.

In fairness also, Coolmine isn't a short walk from the SC either. You'd be looking at a 25-30 minute walk. Also, you'd need to allow time to get down the quays to Connolly in the first place (unless you take the LUAS), and then try and get a Maynooth bound train from there (which aren't THAT frequent most of the day last i checked).

The 39 could take anywhere up to an hour to get out there (depending on traffic).

Taxi though the park is the best way if the OP needs to get out to the SC quickly and reliably. I'm not shooting you down fdevine - just highlighting how CIE makes what is geographically a simple enough journey (why ISN'T there a bus service through the park anyway? They can run tours through it after all) into a multi-change, commuting nightmare. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    why ISN'T there a bus service through the park anyway?
    Park bye-laws.

The OPW are suggesting that some services be allowed through. Someone posted the otherday about them coming to some decisions on how they are going to treat traffic over the next few years.

Advertisement