Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet telephone

Options
  • 19-10-2007 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,

I hope you can help! We've recently moved to a new apartment, serviced by Magnet, and signed up for a package including TV, 4mb broadband and landline. All is good so far apart from the phone.

Magnet didn't provide us with a phone (we were told they would but weren't there when they were installing - MIL was looking after it! - so didn't follow up on it) so we bought a phone last weekend and figured that was it.

Now, while we can make and receive calls, the person on the other end can't hear anything, while we can hear them.

Magnet told us we may have had the wrong cable so we changed it but the problem persists.

Can anyone help - we're at a loss and Magnet aren't exactly falling over themselves to help us out!! :rolleyes:

Thanks,
    C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is not me assuming that you're an idiot, I'm merely asking this question because I have plenty of experience in tech. support, and even the smartest of us overlook the simplest things:

Is there a mute button on your phone (or the base station if it's cordless)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Claire276

Hmmmm...I really hope it's not that - I'd deserve a quick slap! :D

I'll check that when I go home this evening...will report back with my findings!

Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 michael.oleary

Claire276 wrote: »
    Hmmmm...I really hope it's not that - I'd deserve a quick slap! :D

I'll check that when I go home this evening...will report back with my findings!

Thanks for the reply.

Was it a mute button?, otherwise it could be SIP/RTP problem, it would sound to me that the RTP flow is only one direction. By the way RTP carries the voice between two IP Phones or an IP Phone and an ATA. If it's not as simple as a mute button I suggest get in touch with them sometimes a little persistance with tech-support is essential :)

Advertisement