Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jing Gong G36C review

Options
  • 19-10-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

g36c.jpg
    The G36 was designed by H&K in 1990 to replace the vintage G3 system, and has become the main infantry weapon of the Bundeswehr since 1997. The original G36C (G36Commando) comes with 4 safety catch modes; Safe, Semi, 2-4 Round Burst and full auto.

But this has very little to do with Airsoft.

I first spotted this gun while trawling through the H&K site some time ago. I spotted it and remember thinking, "OMFG, slick!". Up until I made the order it just kept popping up, and when I asked my airsofting house mate about it, he showed me the glory that is Arnies Airsoft. There were lots of great reviews all of this cementing in my mind the desire to buy this thing of beauty.

After what seemed like an eternity of browsing I found this little number on www.rsov.com for a pittance, and slammed in an order there and then, then came a week of waiting......

I must admit had no clue what I was going to get for my money, I had groped a house mates' TM P90, but he said the JG was a 'clone' and the build quality might be inferior to the TM. This didn't bother me too much as I had only seen 2 AEG's ever at this stage.

FINALLY the order arrived, just as I was leaving the house (in Galway) to get the bus to Carlow for college, 3 hours of torture ensued as I couldn't very well open the packaging on the bus and start toting what appeared to be an automatic weapon around, as much as I wanted to:o

Once I was in the door of the house in Carlow, everything was on hold until I could get the gun out and "give 'er a good aul feel'n".

(At last you think, the start of the actual review)

I must say I was highly impressed, as was Mr. P90, the build quality is excellent, it's as solid as a very solid thing and as sturdy as yore ma!, to my unspeakable enjoyment the battery came charged, so it was a simple operation of putting that in, and I was off, those cardboard boxes never saw it coming! Of course I didn't use the BB's that came with it, Mr. P90 provided me with some top quality ones. It has a nice grouping and a good ROF.

The stock folds out with a little upward pressure to release it from it catch on the far side and moves smoothly out into it's fully extended position with a satisfying *click*, to fold it is a simple matter of pressing the button shown in the above picture 3-4 Inches behind the safety selector and the stock clicks home nicely too.
    The hop-up is accessed by pulling back the cocking lever under the rails on top, it is ambidextrous and can be pulled to the left or right then back about 2 inches, the hop-up adjuster is a black cylinder about 3/4" long places where the breech would be, it is grooved and is quite sensitive, rotating it anti-clockwise (an upward motion) will increase the effect of the hop-up, and as you may guess the opposite is true.

I took it for my first skirmish last Wednesday (17th) and it preformed beautifully, only on thing went wrong, soon after starting it wouldn't fire in
    semi-auto, I took it that the battery died so I switched to my side-arm (review coming soon;) ) and fired conservatively. At the end of the round, I had a poke around, I changed the battery but semi still didn't work, I tried full auto for the laugh and 'pew pew!' off she went, "no problem." I thought, "We're all noobs here and just charge in, a bit of spamming is in order." I went for half the day on full-auto, then put it into semi by accident and it fired fine!
    I asked Mr P90 when I got back, and he said it happens to his TM sometimes, so no biggie.

Over the entire day, one fully charged battery lasted for about 3000 rounds, which I think is pretty freaking good, especially since I went and bought a spare battery.

Altogether it is an excellent purchase, but i will say this: It fires slightly to the right, this isn't a problem if your mask stops you looking down the sights anyway, but the fact that it is off is annoying.

Pros:
    Very solid.
    Great Finish.
    Good ROF.
    Good Battery Life (1400mAh 8.4V Ni-Mh).
    Good Grouping.
    Space for more rails.
    Fully compatible with TM parts.

Cons:
    It's a clone, you get what you pay for.
    Has been know to have feeding issues.
    Mine shoots to the right.

Overall I'm very happy with it, would recommend it to anyone, never mind it being a clone, if something breaks you can just replace it with high quality parts, and something is going to break on even the big brand guns.

EDIT: Also a P90 silencer just fits on over the flash hider, and I must say it looks awesome :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement