Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Phone - needto replace ASAP, is upgrade early possible etc

• 19-10-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I got a contract phone with Meteor last December , and lost it yesterday ( in a store who I've checked with twice since so am guessing its gone )

i rang meteor and a chap said I could not advance the upgrade offer by the 7 weeks

I went into the local meteor store and they said I should be able to if I agree to get the phone only and not apply any of the other offers (free texts etc)

Has any one experience of doing this - should I ring and look for a supervisor or what ?

If its not possible I would guess maybe I could get a pay as you go until the time is up ?

if any one has suggestions it would be great - I am under pressure at work re surfing and ringing people, and the reason its urgent is my mum gets panicky if shes not able to reach me 9 she lives alone and s not in great health , the mobile is great re-assuranc, e.g even when i am abroad )

many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Just get a meteor pay as you go upgrade - get one of the phones on the website - maybe the cheap one for 59e and give somebody else the imei number of the phone so that they can get the free credit. eg Nokia 2626 for 59e should tie you over.

https://onlinestore.meteor.ie/products/upgrades.asp

The pre pay handset will still work with you even though you are post pay / bill pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

Alternatively you could ring them up or go into the store and look for the bill pay upgrade - on a Friday they will be fairly busy and doubt they will have time to deal with you properly.

you could threaten that you will go to another operator. If you are out of contract in seven weeks you could change now and just pay them the 7 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

rang twice they weren't really much help

when I said I could change operator and get much reduced price they said yes you could do that"

I think maybe best option let the two months run with them and in the mean time get one of their sim for use is an unlocked fone ?

thaks for the help anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

culabula88 wrote: »
    Just get a meteor pay as you go upgrade - get one of the phones on the website - maybe the cheap one for 59e and give somebody else the imei number of the phone so that they can get the free credit. eg Nokia 2626 for 59e should tie you over.

https://onlinestore.meteor.ie/products/upgrades.asp

The pre pay handset will still work with you even though you are post pay / bill pay.

Don't you have to make a chargable call in the handset with the SIM you want to register the credit to with Meteor? Or has this gone now?
    culabula88 wrote: »
    Alternatively you could ring them up or go into the store and look for the bill pay upgrade - on a Friday they will be fairly busy and doubt they will have time to deal with you properly.

you could threaten that you will go to another operator. If you are out of contract in seven weeks you could change now and just pay them the 7 weeks.

I don't see how going in when they're busy is going to get you an upgrade any quicker?

As for the other operator, if he's not spending much money it might not be worth Meteors time.

Advertisement