Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weekend-only car insurance

Options
  • 19-10-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭

Do any insurers offer weekend-only car insurance?
    Have a bike for during the week (and weekends) but have the option of a car, that I would realistically only use at weekends.

Anyone know if such a policy exists? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

I don't think there is such a policy - but, I have a second car that is insured for only €300 because it is a second car and the mileage is limited to 4000 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks richie_rvf. I checked it out, and it comes out at only 450 euro, which is pretty good (age has its advantages!).

Actually, does anyone know if you need to be the registered owner of a vehicle in order to be insured on it? A close family member passed away, and I was going to insure myself on their car, to keep it running (weekends etc)..

Cheers,
    Krusty

Advertisement