Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car???

Options
  • 19-10-2007 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Have a Fiat Brava at the moment, which is the biggest pain in a**e ever, the bloke who sold it to me obviously saw me coming cos its had everything under the sun wrong with it. I obviously had "Sucker" stamped on my head that day.
    Anyways, spent a fortune and finally got it fixed up and got it through the NCT and is going perfect now, but want to sell it and get something else, dont want to spend a fortune, and also because Im pregnant at the moment I want something thats not absolutely tiny cos Im gonna need room for buggies and all that malark (in other words not a Micra) but doesnt have a huge engine either as dont want to be paying through my teeth for insurance.
    Suggestions anyone??
    Also anyone have any idea how much Id get for a 2000 Brava with 48,000 on the clock???
    Any advice would be mucho appreciated, Ta :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

For the brava you should get around €2k if it's in good condition overall but be prepared to have to sell it privately to get the value out of it- you may also end up looking at it for awhile but you might be lucky.

As regards insurance, you'll probably find that the vast majority of insurance companies these days don't punish you when getting a bigger like they used to. If you haven't much to put with the brava, a saloon car from of same age won't cost more.

You haven't mentioned budget but assuming you're looking for a straight swap or close enough

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=818884

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say you'd get between 1250 and 1500 for the Brava, presuming it's a 1.2 SX model.

Advertisement