Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES released anywhere yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Keith186 wrote: »
    Read the last bit

"Expected Date Available 26th October 2007"

doesn't matter, u still get the voucher if its not on the shelf.

€10 off pes 2moro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Archimedes wrote: »
    Im seriously beginning to think EA are spamming forums with anti-Pro Evo posts judging by the amount if newbies here claiming that it is sh!t...

have my suspicions too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Any reliable people know if Gamestop are actually selling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

just wait till tomorrow, you can get it €10 cheaper in xtravision and you get a free ball

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Any reliable people know if Gamestop are actually selling it?

Rang gamestop in santry about 10 mins ago and I asked the fella if they were selling it and he said no tomorrow. I'd say just wait till tomorrow as well folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I have it in my ps3 at the mo psn: swalsh for the non believers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Archimedes wrote: »
    Im seriously beginning to think EA are spamming forums with anti-Pro Evo posts judging by the amount if newbies here claiming that it is sh!t...

Check his other post sherlock.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Andyou felt it was very important to register with boards.ie today to tell the world?

get outta town!

I've been looking at this site for last week looking for early release dates, and no worries if you don't believe me, work away and spend your hard earned on it. I've played every Pro Ev obsessively, this is the first time I've had a negative view on one. I'm posting because the game in it's current form is not playable, so i thought I'd warn the people out there who are going to buy it. If you're not interested feel free not to reply

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Check his other post sherlock.

kdjac

kdjac,

Do you have a PS3, are these people playing it at the moment?
    I think I might have seen you mention PS3 games before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭mada999

mada has it! Got it in the Carroll Village shopping centre in Dundalk!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Virgin Dundrum are selling it, got the first 3 copies!!!!!!!!!!!!

€40

but €36 with student card ;)

brophs wrote: »
    I've been looking at this site for last week looking for early release dates, and no worries if you don't believe me, work away and spend your hard earned on it. I've played every Pro Ev obsessively, this is the first time I've had a negative view on one. I'm posting because the game in it's current form is not playable, so i thought I'd warn the people out there who are going to buy it. If you're not interested feel free not to reply

Install part of the game to the PS3's hard drive. This is done by going to options, and choosing install.

set screen to: 720p

• [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [Booster DVD]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [BD 1080p/24 output Hz (HDMI)]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [format audio output BD / DVD (HDMI)]> [Bitstream]
    • [Settings]> [Settings game]> [Revamp PS/PS2]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings game]> [Smoothing PS/PS2]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [System Settings]> [Message notification]> [Do not show]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GAME in blanch selling it. See yas!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Just rang xtravision in kells and they confirmed it was released about 20 mins ago, so I'm on my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

pes2008bs9.th.jpg

proof, if proof be needs be

and either the guide was free with it or the guy just forgot to charge me for it (just noticed it's not on the receipt)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Well for some I won't be in town till the morning so I'll give pes 6 one last bash and say goodbye forever;) By the way does anyone know what the story is with trading games in at gamestop??how much will they buy games back for?

Ice87 wrote: »
    Well for some I won't be in town till the morning so I'll give pes 6 one last bash and say goodbye forever;) By the way does anyone know what the story is with trading games in at gamestop??how much will they buy games back for?

their policy is two ps3 games in/one new game out

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

just got in and got mine in gamestop on liffey street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just got it in Xtra-vision Leixlip!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Install part of the game to the PS3's hard drive. This is done by going to options, and choosing install.

set screen to: 720p

• [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [Booster DVD]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [BD 1080p/24 output Hz (HDMI)]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings BD (Blu-ray Disc) / DVD]> [format audio output BD / DVD (HDMI)]> [Bitstream]
    • [Settings]> [Settings game]> [Revamp PS/PS2]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [Settings game]> [Smoothing PS/PS2]> [No]
    • [Settings]> [System Settings]> [Message notification]> [Do not show]

Yeah, I don't deny I posted that a day or two ago. Unfortunately I was wrong, and I now know from first hand experience, and not just what my mate said, that the game is still very buggy, although this seems to help a bit. I texted him and he said he sees some slight slowdown, but nothing major. I've found it to be much more extreme, and pretty much unplayable.

I won't bother saying any more on it, as obviously you'd prefer to play it yourself and find out. Enjoy the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

Went to Gamestop in Swords. Arrived 8:01pm. Saw it in the window. Got excited. They close at 8:00pm.

Drove to Gamestop Santry. Thought the guy might give me a copy seeing as it almost closing time. He wouldn't. I think he was on a power trip. Wanted to throw my PS3 at his head. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pocketac3s

Got it on Henry street at eight, watching the intro match as I type this, seems a tad choppy on the 360. On my way home I got off a stop earlier on the DART because I daydreaming about playing it. Only realised when the train left the station, had an extra 20 minute walk!

Stupid me.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - 1
    Pocketac3s - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Just got it in Smyths in Bray, 53.99 with loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

got mine in xtravision in roscommon town half hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

What version is 36euro in virgin?? PC??
    Looking for best 360 bargain.

BTW its out in xtravision knocklyon too if that helps anyone. Only 3 copies that arent preordered so!!!

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I presume all Xtravisions are good to go now????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I presume all Xtravisions are good to go now????

no go in xtravision in waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Patkennysexchat

xtra vision malahide told me they just got a call to tell them they can put it out on display so it's for sale there. on my way up now.

it's been an emotional journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

Xtravision Athlone have it....rang them 5 minutes ago.

• Advertisement

Phoole wrote: »
    Went to Gamestop in Swords. Arrived 8:01pm. Saw it in the window. Got excited. They close at 8:00pm.

Drove to Gamestop Santry. Thought the guy might give me a copy seeing as it almost closing time. He wouldn't. I think he was on a power trip. Wanted to throw my PS3 at his head. :eek:

no joy in xtravision phoole?

Advertisement