Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES released anywhere yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

crouchie15 wrote: »
    i went into Game in the illac and asked the bloke whether they would sell it early this year.He looked at me in disgust and said "its illegal to sell it before friday" :(

Right well i spent a while tryin to suss it out, even contacted a distributor for konami, but i did speak to a couple of people in xtravision, both in tallaght, they haven't even gotten it delivered yet, and as one of the biggest distributors in the country of games, they aint gonna be left behind, they're next delivery is thursday, so i think thursday might be the day. rang game etc, they all say the same thing, except one guy spouted that they are allot stricter this time round and mentioned 50k fines, they will sell it if someone breaks it but not looking likely, but if anyone does get they're hands on a copy be sure to post where you got it so we can get the ball rolling ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Archimedes wrote: »
    GAME in castlecourt shopping centre in Belfast are selling it from tomorrow if thats any good to anybody here!

Dammit, why'd I order of play :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

rang two different xtravisions today and both told me they will most likely be selling them thursday but defo not tomorrow(longford and roscommon btw).fella in gamestop told me that there was no way before friday.the look he gave me u wud swear i insulted his mother

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

They're not allowed to tell you it will be on sale. And I'd say they get calls and questions a lot before a big game, plus I'd like to be told Friday, cos if it comes tomorrow its a better surprise. My money still on tomorrow.... hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I hope that little f*cker in GAME gets fired :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^lol...um, you have my sympathies.

Anyone hear anything today? I've got a lecture at 4, but if I can get it before then I might catch this flu thats going around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Chances of getting it today are very slim lads, thursday night would be the earliest I expect to get it.

I'm still holding out hope. Anyone here work in GAME or somewhere who knows if they have it in or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Think I saw a few punks playing this in HMV today.

Really, surely they wouldnt put it out where you can play it unless it is out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 smithy3000

Aparrently argos got a big fine for releasing Halo early by mistake, so shops might be frightend to release it early this year, your best bet would be to try the small independent games store as a some of them wouldn't care!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kanney wrote: »
    I'm still holding out hope. Anyone here work in GAME or somewhere who knows if they have it in or not?

Gamestop have it, the guys behind the counter were playing it. I tried in GAME, Gamestop, Argos, Smyths and xtra-vision and had no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

smithy3000 wrote: »
    Aparrently argos got a big fine for releasing Halo early by mistake, so shops might be frightend to release it early this year, your best bet would be to try the small independent games store as a some of them wouldn't care!

Thats BS, MS never sued them in the end.......

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83824

Picked up mine in France there. I have been very dissapointed in Fifa i am afrade to play. Its sitting on my xbox here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pocketac3s

Gamestop deffo have it, rang them there and asked,

"Have you guys got Pro evo in stock?"

And your man was like "Yeah, its...uh, eh, I mean, Its out on Friday..."

I want it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

So do HMV, in fact the teasing fooks have it on their in store Xbox if anyone wants a game of it.

If all these stores have it surely there will be a leak. Maybe late tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Gamestop have it, the guys behind the counter were playing it. I tried in GAME, Gamestop, Argos, Smyths and xtra-vision and had no luck

was it xtra-vision in artane you tried shane? i'm hoping to dupe some dope in there early tomorrow morning before they wake up properly;)

lads i reckon it has to be thursday, its a bit late in the afternoon for it to come out now. think about it, stores in town close at six but the rest of em such as xtravision open til ten, they wont get go ahead til tm at the earliest with late night opening, and thats pretty much what i was told by a mate in xtravision, thursday if at all.

and just rang smyths in jervis, they havent even gotten their copies yet..

right, just rang game in castle court, they aint selling it today, he said waiting for someone to leak it. he did say that tesco were the reason it got released early last year, so if anyone is near one give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Going out now so might pop into tesco and have a look, doubt it very much tho.

a billion phone calls later, thought i had it not to be, tesco will get it delivered today and he said that it be straight out onto the shelf, but then i mentioned a release date and he said oh well then it be midnight on thursday. so a 24 hour tesco might be the first place to get it.

Interesting... 24 hour tescos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    a billion phone calls later, thought i had it not to be, tesco will get it delivered today and he said that it be straight out onto the shelf, but then i mentioned a release date and he said oh well then it be midnight on thursday. so a 24 hour tesco might be the first place to get it.

Why did you mention the release date??:o
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

murfo wrote: »
    was it xtra-vision in artane you tried shane? i'm hoping to dupe some dope in there early tomorrow morning before they wake up properly;)
    nah coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Archimedes wrote: »
    GAME in castlecourt shopping centre in Belfast are selling it from tomorrow if thats any good to anybody here!

Yes!!

Thanks very much, I live in Belfast :D

pert wrote: »
    Yes!!

eh its not out there either mate, rang them aswell and its the same story there as the rest of the country. waiting for someone to break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

pert wrote: »
    Yes!!

I'd suggest reading Archimedes post after the one you quoted.

huh? me or pert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Sorry lads - got excited

I work for Tesco in Belfast, so I will see what time they will release it at

Advertisement