Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES released anywhere yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Couldn't get it in HMV Grafton St. at 2pm.

Didn't bother trying Game on Dawson St cos they usually charge €10 extra than Xtra Vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Gutted im missing this im in australia for the year and missing my pro evo usually spend the whole night(after 6pm) playing it on the thursday before its out!! not out till 13th dec here(on psp anyway!)

enjoy it lads and be greatful for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Fieldog wrote: »
    Where?

He'll tell us christmas day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

my ma just got a copy for me.

she says I can't play it until Christmas though.
    Bet it was PES6! You're gonna have miserable Chistmas so :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

right, i've been searching this morning to no avail (a bit like phoole, only more geeky). the following places would not sell it to me:

gamestop omni
    golden discs omni
    harvey norman airside
    smyths airside
    gamestop swords
    golden discs pavillions
    hmv pavillions
    xtravision malahide
    gamestop clare hall
    xtravision artane

in fact the only people who would give me anything were the nice people at kfc, should've just stayed in the nest really :(

• Advertisement

POKERKING wrote: »
    Gutted im missing this im in australia for the year and missing my pro evo usually spend the whole night(after 6pm) playing it on the thursday before its out!! not out till 13th dec here(on psp anyway!)

enjoy it lads and be greatful for it :)
    We haven't got it yet!!!! If it wasn't out til Crimbo here, we'd probably be all out doing something constructive instead!! :D

murfo wrote: »
    right, i've been searching this morning to no avail (a bit like phoole, only more geeky). the following places would not sell it to me:

gamestop omni
    golden discs omni
    harvey norman airside
    smyths airside
    gamestop swords
    golden discs pavillions
    hmv pavillions
    xtravision malahide
    gamestop clare hall
    xtravision artane

in fact the only people who would give me anything were the nice people at kfc, should've just stayed in the nest really :(

I bet we crossed paths at some stage!! I didn't go to KFC tho'. I had BK at the Omni instead.

Phoole wrote: »
    I bet we crossed paths at some stage!! I didn't go to KFC tho'. I had BK at the Omni instead.

i was the one looking depressed;)

i was the one looking depressed;)
    Weird that!! I thought it was my reflection on a number of occasions!! :D

can anyone else confirm the smyths mary st. at 6 story?

i'm not driving into town for nothing, too much disappointment today so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

its late night shopping in town tonight so im sure they will sell after 6 or later.

well just rang golden discs in omni and asked if they would be selling this evening with late opening, saying that i'd heard places in town would be.

they didn't seem too interested

We need someone to confirm this 6pm thing. Thing is, once somebody gets their hands on a copy they're gonna be too pre-occupied with their new possession to start posting on here!!

Phoole wrote: »
    We need someone to confirm this 6pm thing. Thing is, once somebody gets their hands on a copy they're gonna be too pre-occupied with their new possession to start posting on here!!

oh who am i kidding, see you in there at 6!:D

oh who am i kidding, see you in there at 6!:D
    It's looking that way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

I was definately told 6. i saw them behind the counter ready to go and asked if i could buy one, this was at 2pm. he said after 6 they can but not during 9-6 trading times today unless someone else broke the embargo first. seems a bit odd but i'll go down after. their number is 8782878 if you want to confirm it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

Tried...

HMV Grafton Street
    GAME Dawson St.
    GameStop Liffey St.

^^^Nobody would sell it to me. Told me to come back in the morning. First year every that I have been unable to get it on the Thurs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Any news from Galway?

Kanney wrote: »
    Any news from Galway?

i was almost tempted to drive that far;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Enda89 wrote: »
    Tried...

HMV Grafton Street
    GAME Dawson St.
    GameStop Liffey St.

^^^Nobody would sell it to me. Told me to come back in the morning. First year every that I have been unable to get it on the Thurs :confused:

i thought someone said game on dawson street were selling it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^They lied.

eurogamer.net review...worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

This is gonna suck, if i dont get it tonight, ill be at work all day tomorrow wishing for the end... Work is gonna go soooo slow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

eurogamer.net review...worth a read.
    Not a word on slowdown? huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Not a peep. This part:
    PES 2008's players - even the less skilful ones such as Dirk Kuyt and Gilberto Silva - can now embark on mazy runs to rival a Greek epic. Players possessing superior footwork such as Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (either of them) have become one-man armies, battering-ram runners with ballerina finesse and magnets on their boots, who can single-handedly win a match by themselves. Controlling these players is a dream for dribbling enthusiasts, though purists amongst you will probably be disgusted at just how easy it is to weave past the opposition.
    isn't exactly filling me with confidence either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

Can anyone confirm smyths in tallaght are selling it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Julez wrote: »

got the game from a wholesaler just there, who i mentioned in previous posts, no slowdown at all, not so far anyway, havent tried online yet. to be honest lads i think it's shi....te, its pretty much the same as the demo if not worse, pro 6 on the xbox was even better than this one, im sure it will get better but all those little things that never mattered before, licenses commentary will now, cos if you have played fifa 08, i honestly cant see how anyone being objective would say pes is better. hopefully im completely wrong.
    oh and im playingthe 360version.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    but all those little things that never mattered before, licenses commentary will now, cos if you have played fifa 08, i honestly cant see how anyone being objective would say pes is better. hopefully im completely wrong.
    oh and im playingthe 360version.

Fifa games have always had more licenses, better presentation, etc. and Pro Evo has always been a better game, Im not sure why the licenses will matter more this year than last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

cos all things being equal the greater selection of teams gives fifa the edge, but to be honest, things just aren't equal.. i never ever liked fifa and just refused to even play it, but boredom and impatience for pro evo prompted me to buy it, and in my honest opinion its a better game, better game all over, gameplay included, i want pro evo to be better so badly, but its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    cos all things being equal the greater selection of teams gives fifa the edge, but to be honest, things just aren't equal.. i never ever liked fifa and just refused to even play it, but boredom and impatience for pro evo prompted me to buy it, and in my honest opinion its a better game, better game all over, gameplay included, i want pro evo to be better so badly, but its not.

How long you playing it :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement

Personally I'd rather give away my PS3 for free than play Fifa. I just think it's garbage and has been since Fifa '99.

Advertisement