Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES released anywhere yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Its the same as every year, its needs a good play to be givin theofficial verdict, I've played fifa a good bit and i'll be hugely suprised if the gameplay in PES isn't better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

look at the anticipation of this game and the amount of posts and people trying every game shop in Dublin, the game could look like and play like the real thing and at first i may be dissapointed such is the hype, give it time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Johnny The Fox

smyths in jervis centre told me after six aswell was in there around half one today!
    twas a foreign guy with glasses that told me

Julez wrote: »
    Its the same as every year, its needs a good play to be givin theofficial verdict, I've played fifa a good bit and i'll be hugely suprised if the gameplay in PES isn't better!

I thought FIFA was graphically really good when i played it but the speed of gameplay was a bit slow, this is where i believe Pro will win the battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Any word regarding Smyths on Mary St. selling it at 6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

smyths in jervis centre told me after six aswell was in there around half one today!
    I wonder if it's the same for Smyths in Airside. They're just up the road from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

KdjaCL wrote: »
    How long you playing it :confused:

kdjac

well lads if you wont even play fifa how on earth can you say that pro evo is better?! not you kdjac tring to answer a few at a time, like i said never ever played or bought fifa, til this year, iv even read reviews backing my theory that the games have swapped roles, ie fifa being the non arcade unrealistic crap, and now pro evo is. decide for yourselves but ya cant seriously give an opinion til ya have played both.

nowkdjac, iv been playing pro evo since it was iss 98, that was the first one as far as i can recall, or at least the first really good one. i played the demo to death and the game i think is no better than the demo, not playing it long obviously i just got the full game, but i didnt take me long to decide that fifa 08 was a billion times better than pro evo 6 for the xbox, it shouldnt take you a couple of weeks to get into a "good game".. i know the arguement but i always does with pro evo but i wouldnt be so sure this time, and lets face it, its not gonna last forever, they had to fcuk it up at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭_PCahill_

Am looking forward to getting PES 2008 after work today (like eveyone else here I guess) but am seriously starting to get worried about the PS3 version. It's getting SLATED in reviews that are appearing online today and yesterday!!

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/pes7/review-1.html

Is just one example - they even quote Konami for saying it has a slow down it shouldnt:

PES executive producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka himself has said that he was "shocked" at the PS3 slowdown and that he doesn't have a clue why it's happening.

I guess this explains why it never got a PS3 Demo.

The people who seemed most happy with it was the IGN review - they gave it a 9.2 but even they complain about it dropping frames! How can a game that goes all jerky when a bunch of players are on the pitch get a 9.2?

If anyone here gets the PS3 version today, can they send it a post about if it really is as bad as the reviews say?

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    well lads if you wont even play fifa how on earth can you say that pro evo is better?! not you kdjac tring to answer a few at a time, like i said never ever played or bought fifa, til this year, iv even read reviews backing my theory that the games have swapped roles, ie fifa being the non arcade unrealistic crap, and now pro evo is. decide for yourselves but ya cant seriously give an opinion til ya have played both.

nowkdjac, iv been playing pro evo since it was iss 98, that was the first one as far as i can recall, or at least the first really good one. i played the demo to death and the game i think is no better than the demo, not playing it long obviously i just got the full game, but i didnt take me long to decide that fifa 08 was a billion times better than pro evo 6 for the xbox, it shouldnt take you a couple of weeks to get into a "good game".. i know the arguement but i always does with pro evo but i wouldnt be so sure this time, and lets face it, its not gonna last forever, they had to fcuk it up at some point.

Been playing Fifa since it was released on PS3 and its not bad this year,

But since getting this yesterday I can safely say I will NEVER play Fifa08 again.

And its for sale if anyone wants to buy it :)

Only problem i have with PES so far is the AWFUL lag online.

But this was the same last year and it got fixed somewhat so here's hoping they fix this soon

_PCahill_ wrote: »
    How can a game that goes all jerky when a bunch of players are on the pitch get a 9.2?

Thx

Arent IGN advertised in the game?may be the answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

16:01
    got the game from a wholesaler just there, who i mentioned in previous posts, no slowdown at all, not so far anyway, havent tried online yet. to be honest lads i think it's shi....te, its pretty much the same as the demo if not worse, pro 6 on the xbox was even better than this one, im sure it will get better but all those little things that never mattered before, licenses commentary will now, cos if you have played fifa 08, i honestly cant see how anyone being objective would say pes is better. hopefully im completely wrong.
    oh and im playingthe 360version.

16:08
    cos all things being equal the greater selection of teams gives fifa the edge, but to be honest, things just aren't equal.. i never ever liked fifa and just refused to even play it, but boredom and impatience for pro evo prompted me to buy it, and in my honest opinion its a better game, better game all over, gameplay included, i want pro evo to be better so badly, but its not.
    How long you playing it :confused:

kdjac

I been playing it all day hence being sick from work today, about 6 hours in and after losing the International Cup semi to Mexico on penos, i realised this a damn ****ing good game.

Hence i asked how long are you playing it?

kdjac

_PCahill_ wrote: »
    Am looking forward to getting PES 2008 after work today (like eveyone else here I guess) but am seriously starting to get worried about the PS3 version. It's getting SLATED in reviews that are appearing online today and yesterday!!

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps3/pes7/review-1.html

Is just one example - they even quote Konami for saying it has a slow down it shouldnt:

PES executive producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka himself has said that he was "shocked" at the PS3 slowdown and that he doesn't have a clue why it's happening.

I guess this explains why it never got a PS3 Demo.

The people who seemed most happy with it was the IGN review - they gave it a 9.2 but even they complain about it dropping frames! How can a game that goes all jerky when a bunch of players are on the pitch get a 9.2?

If anyone here gets the PS3 version today, can they send it a post about if it really is as bad as the reviews say?

Thx

do you know why they gave it a 9.2?? cos they have their name plasteres all over the game.. thats why. after each game their name appears at the bottom of the stats screen. their review isnt worth a ball ocks

well lads if you wont even play fifa how on earth can you say that pro evo is better?! ... but ya cant seriously give an opinion til ya have played both.

A few of my mates get Fifa every year and I always find myself playing it the odd time I'm round. And every year I cringe at how bad it is!!!

16:01

16:08

I been playing it all day hence being sick from work today, about 6 hours in and after losing the International Cup semi to Mexico on penos, i realised this a damn ****ing good game.

kdjac

playing it an hour! but iv had the demo for over a month and the only thing different about the gameplay is the selection of camera views!! all im saying is lads you may be living in ignorance, i.e. ya dont know what your missing. you might not think its such a good game after giving fifa the same opportunity. gonna give online a bash now.

but take my opinions with grain of salt i only just bought it, but it would seem to backed up by reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

kdjac

What you playing it on?

Fancy a game or two later when i get home from work? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

That guy is funny!

"Thanking you!":D

WellyJ wrote: »
    What you playing it on?

Fancy a game or two later when i get home from work? :)

Pc

servers not working can only play till 70th minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6t7k0dbD8Y

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Any more news on wether smyths selling it lateR?

Phoole wrote: »
    A few of my mates get Fifa every year and I always find myself playing it the odd time I'm round. And every year I cringe at how bad it is!!!

well man if you played it this year, i find it hard to believe you cringed?? iv a pro evo nut but im not gonna just say its better without actually thinking about it. with fifa, it has to be played online or against another person cos against the computer i did think it was amazingly dull, but then i never ever play pro evo against the computer either, and obviously it takes a fair while to get used to it if your a pro evo fan, ya just need patience.

now il shut up about fifa.

I'm hungry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Since when is this thread a Pro Evo 2008 v Fifa 08 thread?

FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY what shops are releasing this today can someone tell me??? is it just smyths

The demo was too fast and when playing 2 player on it its was stupidly fast, the running from one box to the other doesnt work in 2 player, theres a whole new variety of fouls to use.

The full game is slowed down good players can dribbble well but also easily knocked off the ball.

Few games in 2 player or a few games in international cup is all thats needed.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't believe no-ones selling it! What am I supposed to do tonight!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Just hope and pray that the Smyths rumour is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Go to Tesco at midnight

tesco don't put games out at midnight! I should know i work there, you'll be lucky if theyre put out before 2pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

pert wrote: »
    Go to Tesco at midnight

which tescos sell ps3 games in dublin? i've been to a few now and i've only seen one copy of one ps3 game, and that was fifa

murfo wrote: »
    which tescos sell ps3 games in dublin? i've been to a few now and i've only seen one copy of one ps3 game, and that was fifa

tesco clarehall sell them, and i bet you were referring to tesco artane about fifa

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    tesco clarehall sell them, and i bet you were referring to tesco artane about fifa

i rang tesco clear water yesterday and guy said they would be out on shelf second they get them, then i mentioned release date and he said oh well then it will be midnight. so maybe they will.

Advertisement