Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellgate London Demo released

Options
  • 19-10-2007 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

It's raining demos this month, here's another one to add to you playlist.

It's very similar to Diablo 2 which IMO can only be a good thing. The skills and attributes and even the shortcuts are almost pulled directly from D2, and updated to DX10 graphical sweetness. It runs fairly well mainly because it's using the HL2 engine which is great for nearly all systems out there. The demo lets you choose from two classes (the full release will have 6 to choose from), blademaster and marksman. Marksman can dispose of his enemies from a distance and it's nice not having to keep one eye on the ammo, blademaster slices things up with appropriate sound effects. There's also a simple quest system with the familiar exclamation and question mark icons of WoW fame, and minimap so getting lost won't happen too often. It's very easy and enjoyable to get into. The demo itself is short but gives a nice intro of what's to come. Looking forward to the full release.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

this game sounds very interesting, looking forward to trying it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

* downloads beta *

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye, got onto the beta myself,
    havent had a chance to play it yet though,
    Will let ye know tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

From the reviews i've seen of the beta, most say its a big let down. Now saying that i aint one to go with what other ppl say and try it myself, But im 56k so unless it comes out on a cover disk, i wont know till i get the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

looking forward to this game, will prolly wait for release, betas eat into my cap

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    looking forward to this game, will prolly wait for release, betas eat into my cap

Aye, a 4GB download is a bit crazy when it's gonna be released in a couple of weeks... ah well, i've never been one to make sensible decisions:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just finished the demo there. Nothing spectacular, just Diablo II in the future with a WOW interface. That said it was enjoyable enough to pique my interest so I may pick it up at some point.

There's a nice nod to Diablo in one of the side quests too which is fairly amusing if not screamingly blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Played through the demo as bladewatcher but found the game to be lacking,the UI i felt was awful and brought back memories of sub-standard windows 95 games.

The cheapest i can find is by using this www.cd-wow.com/mcdonalds and I used a £1 voucher. Came to a grand total of €26.55 :)

EyesOnly wrote: »
    The cheapest i can find is by using this www.cd-wow.com/mcdonalds and I used a £1 voucher. Came to a grand total of €26.55 :)

eh what did ?

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    eh what did ?

Call me crazy, but I have a hunch that he's talking about Hellgate...

but but it's not released yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

EyesOnly wrote: »

wow, those mcdonalds employees are sure living it up, £1 off games at cdwow. that must really make up for, well, working at mcdonalds :p

but but it's not released yet
    Yeah its under pre release's ???? Games>>PC CD Rom>>Pre-Release(on the left menu bar) and its on the first row on the right for £19.49 use a £1 voucher and get it for 18.49...........

EDIT : P.S i don't work for MCD's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Anyone have a link to the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I won't bother downloading the demo. I'm already going to by it when it's out next Friday. :D

Definately getting a new GFX card for it ;)

And it's great that I finally got Broadband just a week before it's release :)

[Living in the middle of no where deep countryside (Oldtown, between Ashbourne and Garristown), been stuck on Dial-up since 1996.:eek: And my prayers finally being answered in the form of Digiweb's MOBILE Broadband. Sweet little gadget that works beyond my expectations. 35+ constant pings for gaming, and "up to 5MB" speeds (Though I generally average between 1800kps - 2400 kps download, 1m upload. Still good :) ) ]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Here's a link if u change your mind :)

http://www.gamershell.com/news/42597.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

one word:muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

awhir wrote: »
    one word:muck

Agreed complete sh1te

Advertisement