Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just broke my Fifa 2008 Disk (on purpose)

Options
  • 19-10-2007 5:58pm

I was such a big fan of 2007 i was looking forward to playing this game, and to be honest all started well.

I have been playing in the premiershipand having a couple of seasons. As i get into it , i am really starting to notice many problems.

First of all the computer AI for your opponent is alot better then the AI on your own team . This is really getting to me as i have 3 players around a ball and the computer always gets it. I have players who just stand there looking at it.

Second of all the referee decision are totally random. I pulled off some great tackles only to get a yellow card as the other player trips over my body. Then on the break its just me and the keeper when i am tackled from behind . I get a free kick but the other player doesnt even get a card !!

Next off all is the passing, i know i have said it before. It is absolutly terrible on automatic. But Manual is not much better either. So i go for Semi Auto and to be honest its a lottery again with this. Sometimes you can pass the ball to the players feet, other times you have a clear pass and you pass it to the opposition. Even if you have 2 players free, your it automatically seems to pass it to the player hardest to reach or who has an opponent on his behind. And when you do manage to pass the ball properly its a question weather or not the other player wants to collect it. Sometimes he just stands and waits for it when the opponent runs up behind him and snatches it . Or he completly misses the ball.

And then when you do have a good game things seem to work out for you and you are winning 2 - 1, 2 goals that you really worked hard for. The last 3 minutes the computer seems to get that much better and your goalkeeper that much worse. The computer takes a shot that looks like its going to loop in. The goal keeper turns his back on the shot runs towards the goal, the ball goes in the net, and then he dives with his arms waving !!

And when all is said and done, 4 goals scored in that game at least you have the cinematic highlights to view these great goals. A moment of calm. When you are presented the sliding tackle from the second half , over and over again.

I took the disk out of the 360 snapped it in half and have it in an envelope to post back to EA to let them know what i think .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I took the disk out of the 360 snapped it in half and have it in an envelope to post back to EA to let them know what i think .

Well that was pretty silly, why not return it or trade it in ? As a pro evo fanatic I had pretty low expectations but I think its great. Very enjoyable. Nowhere near a pro evo beater but its entertaining me until next Friday...

Tusky wrote: »
    Well that was pretty silly, why not return it or trade it in ? QUOTE]

Because i feel like i would be passing on a desease. Very mad with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Tusky wrote: »
    Well that was pretty silly, why not return it or trade it in ? QUOTE]

Because i feel like i would be passing on a desease. Very mad with the game.

Fair play to ye I say. Fifa is a disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fair play to ye I say. Fifa is a disease.

QFT
    Bit of a waste of €60+ though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm a pro evo man but i got fifa to tide me over during the long october weeks until PE08 came along. and i'm impressed. EA did a good job with FIFA this year.

loads of FIFA fans are pissed off this year, and tbh having seen some of them play my game or been over in mates houses watching them play, it's not so much the game but the lack of willingness from the player to adapt to the game. it's harder this year.

either way, snapping €60 worth of software is a dumb move. could have gotten €40 trade in in xtra-vision for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah EA will really crap themselves when they get that in the post. You go, dude.

Im not a pro Evo fan , so i was really looking forward to this Fifa, but when you are having a match you are not just batteling against another team but you are batteling against your own team . Its hit and miss with the passing. So no matter how good you play. The AI for your team sucks campared to that of your opponent. When tackle and win a ball (were there is no Free kick) your player dies and the oponent springs into action and takes the ball from you.

Wast of 60 Euros ? If i held onto the game it would have taken 10 years off my life. I want to like it but they always let you down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

kudos for posting it back,

so no FIFA or no PEVO,

hmmm

MOTD on the speccy was good if you are bored :p

no AI to worry about and very easy to score goals..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Congratulations.

Ppl are saying you wasted €60 breaking it. You actually wasted €60 buying it!!

HEHE i got the Playstation Magazine today and they gave Fifa an 84% and the PES 2008 70% .

Think i will need to play something else to pass my time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yep, snapping the disc in half is a perfectly reasonable course of action. :rolleyes:

I suggest you listen to this gaming podcast [Link]. You are "Caesar Gomez".

Even if you were unable to return the item, selling (or giving) it on to someone else would, possibly, have denied EA another sale at retail.

Advertisement