Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comp20070

• 19-10-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does anyone here know if the assigment for this course has been given? I've missed this class for the last couple of weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

spaceman1 wrote: »
    Does anyone here know if the assigment for this course has been given? I've missed this class for the last couple of weeks.

I "missed" it too. First lecture of it I went to was thursday, assignment hadn't been given then:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Yeah, I can't actually remember when she said she would give it to us, but its worth 30% so I didn't want to end up with a late submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭WellCultured

Yeah god i am always "missing" that lecture, i just can't find the energy to go from the lab to that lecture, and when i do attend i'm not just bored i'm angry, she really annoys me.

Yeah god i am always "missing" that lecture, i just can't find the energy to go from the lab to that lecture, and when i do attend i'm not just bored i'm angry, she really annoys me.

Me either, haven't been to a single one of the labs yet either. I think I'm well ****ed for this come christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is this Databases and (something else)? With Michela (something)?

The labs are easy for that, you should go to them! Easy marks! :D It's all just MS Access, and you get marks for showing up (you're not even required to do the tasks really).

I've been going to all of the labs cos I need as many marks as possible, as I don't understand a single thing about relational algebra, calculus, or (now) SQL! :eek: Disaster.

• Advertisement

So, you have to go to the labs? I've only been to one and it didn't seem like it counted for anything. How much do you get for the labs?

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Is this Databases and (something else)? With Michela (something)?

The labs are easy for that, you should go to them! Easy marks! :D It's all just MS Access, and you get marks for showing up (you're not even required to do the tasks really).

I've been going to all of the labs cos I need as many marks as possible, as I don't understand a single thing about relational algebra, calculus, or (now) SQL! :eek: Disaster.

UCDs module info section says 30% project, 70% written exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yeah you get nothing for attending the labs except perhaps, an easier time once the project comes round.

Doh... I've been mis-informed (by the demonstrators!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Glad I'm not the only one that's a bit lost. :o

In the labs there's a sign-in sheet and you're given an exercise but you don't submit it you just.. do it. I don't see the point in having lab exercises like that if they're not even looked at. Except of course to demonstrate how Access is the least intuitive program ever. :mad:

• Advertisement

I had assumed that what we were doing in the lectures would be somehow applicable in the labs, but it's just totally unrelated :confused: A vague similarity I suppose

Craziness!

I'm starting to understand Relational Algebra now (finally), but Calculus... no f*cking clue. SQL doesn't seem too bad so far.

I had to look up relational algebra on the net before I was able to figure it out and I still don't understand calculus. I even asked Michela and she said she thought that Arts students would have a problem with it, so why allow us to take the course? I didn't even have a choice.

Advertisement