Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

identify my corsa also how long till I actually get my car?

Options
  • 19-10-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

just agreed a price with the owner for my new car(04 corsa) just wondering how long in general does it take to get all the tax insurance and logbook malarky sorted out?

also if anyone knows anything about the different models of corsa's there were, Im at a loss to identify exactly which one it is, active, design etc..........I thinks its probably active though,whats the best way to identify it?

also(again) its a 1L but its sxi with the front spots and seats,cooler looking dash dials, chrome bits,7 spoke alloys I have looked it up(wisebuyers) but everywhere Ive seen says that only the 1.2's were sxi, maybe the irish spec 1L came in sxi hence my wishing to find someone who knows more about it

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

2 weeks for VLC?

SXI is a Vauxhall term I think. Perhaps it was imported?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here's the deal with 04 spec:

Life: e/w c/l cd abs dual bags

Comfort: pretty much the same as life spec, only comfort is an older spec that got gradually improved by 2004.

Njoy: above spec, but with alloys, colour coded handles and silver mirrors, leather wheel and silvery bits in the interior

SXI: as Njoy, but with front fogs instead of silver mirrors

Active: As SXI but with Aircon.

That's my understanding of it, there may be small bits left out, bits like alloy design, interior fabribs and rear lights vary between specs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I bow to very clearly superior knowledge on this one.

bit of a dubious honour..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

ah thanks colm_mcm , yet again boards is the fountain of all knowledge
    nice lookin car for a super mini me thinks, tasty in black

2+ weeks ah well

• Advertisement

just complete the transfer of ownership and send it off, no need to wait to drive the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

I had the same problem with an Astra, the full model number was written on the registration papers when I checked

The car is an SXI model. 1.0 model WAS sold in Ireland.

quite right Kagy,

Advertisement