Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones' Soda Co.

Options
  • 19-10-2007 7:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently found one of my local shops (the newsagents in omni) stocking bottles of Jones' drinks, some US/Canadian company that seems to have a kind of unusual but charming philosophy (the flavours are somewhat unusual, you can send in your picture for the chance of having it show up on some stock etc.).

I tried all the ones available - about 3 or 4 flavours - and they were OK, but their Cream Soda was absolutely gorgeous.

Anyway, said local shop has been out of Cream Soda for a few weeks now and I went in today to see that there were no Jones' at all... which either means it's insanely popular and they only get one delivery a week or its insanely unpopular and they've decided to stock boring, normal drinks again.

Either way, it's bad news for me and my Jones' Cream Soda addiction... so given that their site doesn't deliver outside North America I'm looking to see if anyone knows of other Jones' stockists in Dublin?

At the risk of making it even harder for myself to get more of this stuff, if you like Cream Soda of any description you have to try this... it's superb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

flogen wrote: »

At the risk of making it even harder for myself to get more of this stuff, if you like Cream Soda of any description you have to try this... it's superb.

I see you are on the Northside of Dublin.

The Hilton Airport Hotel on the Malahide Road at Tesco Clare Hall has a shop beside it called Fresh.

They sell it, and always seem to have stock.

Wish I'd read this thread a half hour ago though, I was just down there getting smokes and could have got a bottle of this. Closed now though.

They also stock other Cream Sodas too :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Ah, I know the place you're talking about.

I've only been there once and it seems like the perfect place for this kind of obscure stuff (If you're willing to pay extra for it, that is!)... didn't even cross my mind though.

Thanks for that - will give it a go... and the other cream sodas too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Found this stuff in Centra in Finglas last week. Have only tried two of the flavours. Havent tried Cream Soda yet. Only thing is it looked bad walking down the street with a glass bottle and a blue drink in. Has a resemblence to Blue WKD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

They have it in a deli called Silverspoon in Castleknock, too far away from the omni to go for a drink though me thinks!!

I actually found some Jones' in two shops in Shanard (Shanard News and The Late Shop), but no Cream Soda...

It seems to be becoming far easier to find, although the shop keeper I asked told me what they get is luck of the draw and the cream soda seems hard to come by for some reason...

Probably because it's so delicious!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

this is odd, my canadian coleague was asking had i ever heard of the stuff, and lo and behold,

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

They sell it in Dundrum on one of the half levels.... Had it once - the blue one. Wasn't too fond of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im jonesing for a Jones' :)

Got this recently in Seattle....made my holiday :D

P1010450.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:)

D'Peach Mode. Very good.
    but their Cream Soda was absolutely gorgeous.

:eek:

Understatement of the year tbh, this stuff if gorgeous. I bought two bottles down in Fresh, they had two left ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've seen it several times in shops in the city centre. Centra, Londis and the No:1 shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They have it in Mortons in Galway. I found it a few weeks ago and I love it. I really want to try the Cream Soda, but they only have a red one, blue one and green one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This stuff seems to be the current drink fad of all posh school kids. Seeing lots of them swig bottles of the stuff and leave empties on the Luas.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The fufu berry one is lovely.. got a bottle in Bon Espresso on Mount Street yesterday.. Very tasty indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭flyingdagger

mmmmm the cream soda one is savage.Addictive though.Got 2 bottles one day and the shop hasn't had them since.i've had a look online but no sign of being able to get some delivered to Ireland.Anyone know does any site deliver Jones' soda?:)

mmmmm the cream soda one is savage.Addictive though.Got 2 bottles one day and the shop hasn't had them since.i've had a look online but no sign of being able to get some delivered to Ireland.Anyone know does any site deliver Jones' soda?:)

Yeah, it's pretty addictive which is why it's not surprising to see shops with blue, red and green bottles but no beautiful Cream Soda.

(Frankly, I'm just waiting for the story to appear that a certain imported soft drink was found to contain large quantities of liquid heroin. There's no other explanation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

i have tasted Fufu berry,strawberry lime,bubblegum,green apple and cream soda. i didnt like the cream soda my favourite is Fufu berry!!!:D:p:p:D

they sell them in C&T's in Marino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

They release special offers in the States..one being turkey and gravy...Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Tried to buy a saver pack of the Hannukah and Christmas soda box sets. Only $22, but delivery is $165. WHAT THE FCUK??? Stupid UPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

They release special offers in the States..one being turkey and gravy...Lol.

I believe they also sold a drink called WhoopAss. I'd love to open a can of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Got it in centra in Lexlip...Yummo... lovin the apple one!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I got it in a supermarket in darndale, eh priorswood one near the church if you're near it flogen?
    I had the apple but they had a few different ones. Must try the cream soda!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

sickly sweet

tried the apple and fufu berry, absolutely disgusting IMO :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Chat Mauvais

Wow!...I just came upon this site tonite...and as luck would have it...(or maybe not,judging by some of the "ewww" comments made about these drinks!)...I saw this in a Garage in Kells,Co. Meath,...and thought "Holy Banana's",.....they're sellin 'Alcopops' in the Flamin Petrol Station now!..so I picked it up and was stunned to see that it was a soft drink....now I was actually going to buy some,but, because I was driving, I didn't wanna be stopped by some over zealous Garda,and Breathalyzed!!.:)..so I left it alone...but after reading all of the postings...I'll be sure to pick up a bottle next time......but as they had a fair few flavours,I don't know which one to buy.......still at €1.65 a pop,well I may just get 1 of each......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

They are also in Avoca in Dublin City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Mortons of Galway, in salthill usually have a few flavours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of other Jones' stockists in Dublin?

You could try ringing one of the distributors in Dublin. Check the phone book for Simply Declicious snacks and drinks. They are one of the distributors and may be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

The londis on westmorland street do it.
    so do londis beside the bus depot in drogheda.
    not sure about other londis'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

oh lord had it for the first time last thursday and it is definitely the sex

only had the Fufu Berry and the Green Apple ones but they were excellent

Dunnes seem to have them a good bit now.ive seen them in 5 or 6 different Dunnes's

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I LOVE jones!!

In one of the local filling stations they sell about 8 or 9 flavours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Dunnes in the Stevens Green Centre have them.

Advertisement