Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Questions

Options
  • 19-10-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Ok can someone please explain the difference between Ni-cd & Ni-mh batts, and can I use both types in my TM Aug? And what does the 2400 mAh stuff mean? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

mAh is the storage capacity of the battery, the higher the number the more power it can store. Example; If a 1 litre bottle of milk was 1000 mAh then 2000 mAh would be a 2 litre bottle.

NiMH Nickel-metal hydride can develop "memory" (reduced storage capacity) if not charged fully and can suffer polarity reversal if discharged incorrectly. NiCd cells are 1.5v's standard and NiMH are 1.2v's per cell.

NiCd nickel-cadmium is more often used for rechargable cells as they do better over long storage periods while discharged unlike NiMH though they are more expensive to produce. NiCd can also suffer "thermal runnaway" as the battery heat increases the internal resistance falls, when charging with an unregulated charger the result could be charger failure or the battery destroying itself.

NiMH is newer technology then NiCd, this doesn't mean they are better in every regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Can I use both types in my AEG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Yes :)

Advertisement