Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active X

Options
  • 19-10-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi All,
    I just bought a laptop running Vista home version but find I cannot run Active X code, also I created a basic website and when I load itn I get the message that IE is restricted from running ActiveX or scripts. Is there a way around this and if I uploaded the website to an ISP would viewers see this message when accessing it from a server?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Change your Internet Explorer settings.
    Open IE, press Alt and T and select Internet Options.
    Under the secuirity tab, select the Internet (globe icon) and then select Medium or preferably Meduim-High.
    OK that and see if it works.
    If not then you will need to change some of the settings under the advanced tab

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terry_s

I vista business there is an activex option in the add/remove programs areas where you set up IIS.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its an IE warning not IIS the OP is getting

Advertisement