Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.E.G Repairs??

Options
  • 19-10-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

My Dboys M4 Broke during the week.
    and i cant fix it myself is dere anywhere i could get it repaired??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

when you say broken, can you be a bit more specific..are your batts. charged, does it make noise when you pull the trigger, or not. does it fire but no bb's come out. or is it broken like...in two pieces!!!!! give us a bit more info then maybe someone can help.;)

relax, i'm sure someone can help you, couple of m4 heads here, and roughly where are you located? Eirsoft.ie might be able to help, or not, give us the low down on what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

basically there was a piece of metal jamming the gears so i opened it up and removed the gear the piece of shrapnel put the gear bac in an now it wont fire.
    i checked the obvious the battery is charged and the motor is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Moved to troubleshooting forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Not sure if its going ahead but BFSL were talking about offering a repair service, PM Derek and see if he can sort you out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

did you keep the piece of metal? it could have been something important., maybe post a few pics and someone might be able to help you.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

goto www.mechbox.com this will show you how to breakdown the gearbox , it seems you have done the hard part already.

it sounds like one of the teeth broke off or the anti reversal latch is not engaged. the best thing would be to check that site, check the parts and buy replacements and do it yourself.

alternatively if you dont want to do that you can buy off rsov an entire dboys gearbox for about 40 euro..

let me start from the top fisrt of all
    i went to mechbox
    I have the piece of metal
    the gears teeth are fine(theres a bit of a mark were it was stuck)
    And the good people at H.R.T.A are reparing it for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

assuming that was you at hrta today... it's a bit of a weird issue, it was firing ok when i tested it, then it jammed intermittently (on single shot only from what i remember), but a quick flick over to full auto fixed the problem, when i opened the gearbox it appeared to be ok, but that was really just a quick inspection, think paul is going to have a look at it, but if he doesnt get it sorted, ill be at hrta again next weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

If it's jamming on semi but unjamming after an auto burst you might need to check all the bushings are ok. My VFC was doing the exact same thing until it failed all together the other week, the bushing on the bevel gear had started to shred.

kdouglas wrote: »
    assuming that was you at hrta today... it's a bit of a weird issue, it was firing ok when i tested it, then it jammed intermittently (on single shot only from what i remember), but a quick flick over to full auto fixed the problem, when i opened the gearbox it appeared to be ok, but that was really just a quick inspection, think paul is going to have a look at it, but if he doesnt get it sorted, ill be at hrta again next weekend

Yeah dat was me

well i guess i just have to see wat paul says

• Advertisement
Advertisement