Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First aid course

• 19-10-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭

All this week, we did a first aid course in school, conducted by some EMT's (Emergency medical technicians) from the Limerick ambulance service

And all of us have now obtained a qualification in Occupational First Aid.

It was definately well worth it, I enjoyed it alot...

A fair bit of theory, but plenty of practical- IE Wrapping each other/teachers up in bandages, doing CPR and whatnot.

Anyone else doing something similar this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Yeah we did one for 2 days with a guy from the Irish Red Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We did one kinda, it was really just CPR, the Heinrich manouver and the recovery position...it wasn't even done as a Red Cross course, it was just a guy fromt ehr ed cross teaching us so our cert doesn't really mean anything.

A year later I've forgotten it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Piste wrote: »
    We did one kinda, it was really just CPR, the Heinrich manouver and the recovery position...it wasn't even done as a Red Cross course, it was just a guy fromt ehr ed cross teaching us so our cert doesn't really mean anything.

A year later I've forgotten it all.

and you call yourself a mod1 Jesus! :D

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

We did this safe driving course and there was a small bit of first aid involved. The safe driving course was great. We had various speakers and they brought us out onto a main road and did an emergency stop with us in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭padraic mchale

hughes2558 wrote: »
    We did this safe driving course and there was a small bit of first aid involved. The safe driving course was great. We had various speakers and they brought us out onto a main road and did an emergency stop with us in the car.

Hi hughes2558, you have pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Oh, fair juice for doing occupational first aid, that costs a few hundred euro! And they were paramedics btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

We haven't done any proper first aid stuff... My schools TY is pretty crap.
    My chemistry teacher tried to do some with us, but he obviously learned it 15 years ago because he had no idea of the new protocals and was teaching us the wrong thing...
    I'm a voluntary First aider myself though so I don't really need to do a course.

Advertisement