Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drogheda United : Champions of Ireland

• 19-10-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Congratulations to Drogheda on their 1st ever league title.

Their style of play would not be my cup of tea but you can't argue with the table. A side built on defence and the signing of Guy Bates made all the difference in the end.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fair play to them.

Doolin had a plan, it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

great way to win the league, beating the second place team, at home, with a cracker of an 89th minute goal, from the new hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

What a goal -- Roy of the Rovers stuff. Delighted for Webby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Can i be bitter and say pats blew it with their form from the last 20 games ???
    :p

Congrats Drogs. Worthy champs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

What a night! I had to go to Cork to get tickets for this game, so anything but a win would have been a big disappointment.

When Bates' superb winner hit the back of the net the explosion of joy in the stands at United Park was awesome. We've waited a lot of years for this night.

• Advertisement

PDN wrote: »
    What a night! I had to go to Cork to get tickets for this game, so anything but a win would have been a big disappointment.

When Bates' superb winner hit the back of the net the explosion of joy in the stands at United Park was awesome. We've waited a lot of years for this night.

:eek:

What the hell are you doing online?

Jaysis, when we won leagues I was in the bar til three or four in the morning.

Back to the pub with you.

Begone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

DesF wrote: »

What the hell are you doing online?

Back to the pub with you.

Begone!

I don't drink. :) I'm sitting at home watching the goals on TV3

PDN wrote: »
    I don't drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

fair play. best team etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

SectionF wrote: »
    What a goal -- Roy of the Rovers stuff. Delighted for Webby.
    And the rest of the squad I'm sure... especially Cahill, Byrne and Baker ;)

Seriously though, well deserved win. Long may you savour it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

well done drogs all but seccured a goo deeason for us b yd efaukt :)

kjadc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I said it in the other thread but again Well done Drogheda. Doolin knew what he was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Well done. Glad it wasn't Rovers anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

DesF wrote: »
    :

!

Lucky enough for you there'll be no sleepless nights in the next few years anyway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

congratulations to Drogheda United! fully deserved, the best team this season by a distance (even though ye play sh!t football!)

now enjoy the first year of your 2 year lease of the trophy from the Tolka Park trophy cabinet before it returns home! ;)

KdjaCL wrote: »
    well done drogs all but seccured a goo deeason for us b yd efaukt :)

KdjacL, taking drunken posting to a whole new level.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    KdjacL, taking drunken posting to a whole new level.

idd :D

5-0 vs Rovers twas a long night :)

Well done drogs best team won it.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Congrats Drogs , frankly I hate the way they play and with the players they have they could of won the league in a much more exciting fashion but results are results .

Tbh I miss the way things were last season where most of the top sides seemed to have a Kevin Keegan at Newcastle type of approach which provided us with many great games .

The quality has gone down a little bit with the exodus of players but what worries me is teams have seemingly gone back to a more cautious approach and with Drogs success I just hope that isn't employed further .

Football doesn't have to be good , just good to watch .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Congrats to Drogheda.:cool:

• Advertisement

Blink and you'll miss it, pathetic stuff from the Irish Independent. Has anyone seen the actual paper today? Is it any different?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Blink and you'll miss it, pathetic stuff from the Irish Independent. Has anyone seen the actual paper today? Is it any different?

Find the mirror and star best for football in general, both have decent articles about the win and yesterday had full page interviews with drogs players.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

GET IN!!!

the best night of my life without a shadow of a doubt and what a strike from Batesy that Guy is a hell of a player!!!!
    the buzz around the town for the past 2 nights is unbelievable everyone is on a high and the players are legends it is great when you can be standing arm in arm with your heros singing songs about them.

back to the pub for me:)

ps. i think i broke my toe last night, do i go the hospital now or go the pub and let that numb it then go hospital tomorro??

redzerdrog wrote: »
    GET IN!!!

the best night of my life without a shadow of a doubt and what a strike from Batesy that Guy is a hell of a player!!!!
    the buzz around the town for the past 2 nights is unbelievable everyone is on a high and the players are legends it is great when you can be standing arm in arm with your heros singing songs about them.

back to the pub for me:)

Oh jesus. Please go to the pub and think about what you did there. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ha ha ha i knew what i was doing:D well spotted;)

Advertisement