Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell memory-where to buy

Options
  • 19-10-2007 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭

I have a inspiron 1501 and want to upgrade my memory from 512mb to a gig, can anyone tell me, is it easy to install it yourself and where is the best place to buy it. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,257 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

maybe have a look at shop4memory.com
    they have a memory configurator link in their toolbar you could try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes it is very easy to install...just a matter of opening RAM cover on laptop (on underside) and slotting ram in.

Any of these would suit...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/memselect.aspx?cmd=getModelPartList&strMfr=Dell&strProdLine=Inspiron+Laptops%2FNotebooks&strModel=Inspiron+1501

I would recommend you get it from Komplett...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

thanks for the quick replies guys. komplett seems to be good value aswell. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ok here's me showing how stupid i am! can i get another 512mb and add it in or do i have to buy the 1gig all in one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chances are your laptop has 2 memory slots. These would be filled with 2 x 256MB sticks. You need to buy 2 x 512MB sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

If you order with komplett your stuck with a 12Euro delivery fee and atleast a 4 day waiting time.

Try order with shop4memory.com, they're based out in celbridge and deliver within 2 days most times I order with them. Also no delivery charge and in general are cheaper then komplett most of the time for RAM. Also any problems with the memory these guys will sort you out no problems within days rather then weeks with komplett.

I buy most of my hardware with komplett.ie but if I am buying RAM on its own, always with shop4memory. They're nice guys, quick and easy.

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sometimes crucial.com are pretty good but as mentioned shop4memory are excellent to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ok here's me showing how stupid i am! can i get another 512mb and add it in or do i have to buy the 1gig all in one?

Just go to http://www.crucial.com/

Click on the "Scan My System" button & it will tell you

What type of RAM is in your system
    How many Slots you have
    What's in each slot
    If there are any empty
    What the MAX amount of RAM your system will support.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've got a mate upgrading a brand new XPS M1210 from 2 x 512MB to 2 x 1 GB sticks. These RAM modules are the same as what the 1501 takes. If you're in Dublin I could give him a shout if you're interested.

Advertisement