Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lex Luger suffers stroke

• 19-10-2007 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/4344/105/
    According to a source closely associated with the Cow Palace convention this weekend in San Francisco, Larry Pfohl, aka Lex Luger, suffered a stroke in his hotel room this morning and currently has no feeling from the waist down. More to come.

Very sad news indeed. I was never a fan of his but that just sucks no matter who it is. I hope he is able to recover as well has Bret has from his stroke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

He's had a rough few years from the sounds of things. I vaguely remember an interview he did around the time of the whole Benoit tragedy in which he said he was basically homeless, living on the goodwill of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sad news, but the chances are that something like that would happen him sooner or later. Hope he can get better

That convention has had some real bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Very sad to hear. Hope he gets well soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote: »
    Sad news, but the chances are that something like that would happen him sooner or later. Hope he can get better

That convention has had some real bad luck

Could you please elaborate.Im asking because im genuinely interested.
    Sad news indeed.I was never really a fan of his but its always stuck when one day im watching a match from a few years back and the next day the one of the very guys involved is now either dead or almost motionless.
    Hopefully he will be able to recover as well as Bret hart did.
    Did all of lugers money get blown from the case of the apparent murder of miss elizabeth or what?He was on some money in WCW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Steroids increase the risk of stroke?

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Steroids increase the risk of stroke?

I know that he has a long history of substance abuse-drugs and alcohol so i can only imagine fozzy was referring to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Small update from the observer site:

Pro wrestler Lawrence Pfohl (Lex Luger), 49, is currently listed in stable condition in the emergency care unit at Stanford University Hospital in Palo Alto, CA, after a major scare in his hotel room in San Francisco.

The hospital wouldn't confirm any more. There have been different reports over the past few hours as to whether Luger suffered a heart attack or a stroke, but the former seems to have the most credence at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

fatal wrote: »
    I know that he has a long history of substance abuse-drugs and alcohol so i can only imagine fozzy was referring to that

Yeah, that's what I meant. When you look at all the wrestlers who've died from heart problems, it's usually the case where they took steroids and painkillers or recreational drugs. Luger's been arrested for having steroids and painkillers as short as two and a half years ago. It seems as though that stuff will catch up with you eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

The latest reports are saying it is a minor heart attack as opposed to a stroke. While its good that it wasnt a stroke, its still very sad to hear. I remember watching the interview he did around the time of the Benoit tragedy as well. He spoke at length about how he is now a born again christian and how he had overcome his addictions. I thought it was great that the guy had turned the corner, but obviously the damage had already been done.

He started a fitness instuction business recently, which seemed to be doing quite well. The guy was in superb condition for the majority of his career, so its understandable that people would want to go to him. Heres a link to his new website- http://www.flexwithlex.org/index.html

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Latest update on his condition:
    At last word, former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger is still hospitalized in Califiornia, but listed in stable condition. It appears he suffered an infection that caused a nerve impingement with his central nervous system, which led to temporary paralysis. He did not have a heart attack or stroke. Luger is currently undergoing intravenous antibiotic treatment and is expected to make a full recovery.

• Advertisement

Latest update on his condition:

thank god..thats good news

There was another update on Luger on the Wrestling Observer during the week:
    -- Lex Luger is currently staying at the Spinal Rehabilitation Center in Marietta, Georgia. He is still paralyzed in both arms and both legs, but has begun to get feeling back in all four extremities. The official diagnosis was that he suffered a spinal stroke. He collapsed in a hotel room on Friday, October 19 when he was in San Francisco for a wrestling convention. Luger spent several weeks at Stamford Hospital before being flown back to Georgia.

Thats a pity that he will never be the man that he once was.I wish him the best of luck in his recovery

Nikita Koloff appeared on the wrestling-radio.com online show on Wednesday night and gave an update on Lex Luger.

He said he's traveled twice recently to see Luger. He said Luger is still in a wheelchair after the San Francisco wrestling convention fiasco, and that for a long time, he was paralyzed from the neck down. After Luger spent a week at Stanford Hospital, tests determined nothing. He was sent to the Atlanta Rehab Center where their testing also came back with no answers. According to Koloff, "Lex said his spinal column short circuited," but lately he's been making "remarkable improvement." According to Koloff, Luger can lift his legs and move his torso, and can hold a can in his hand. Koloff said Luger told him, "I've had 49 good years with these legs, and if I never walk again, I'll be the best wheelchairer for Jesus, you've ever seen."

Advertisement