Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

webtexts

• 19-10-2007 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed how unreliable webtexts are. I spent hours setting up schedules for birthday messages etc only to find that they were never delivered. Its not just scheduled messages.Is there anyway of checking they were sent. Am I wasting my time using them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

What network are you with??

Have never had a problem with Vodafone!

stop being so cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Brods

Dont like the new vodafone site, they took out the alphabet that scrolled through my contacts. Not happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

stop being so cheap :D

I'm not mean honest. I spent hours in work(boss away) scheduling birthday/anniversary texts for friends/family. I thought it was a great way to make sure I remembered everyone. I'm with O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Better than having no webtexts at all like with 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm with O2.
    That's your problem. Easily the worst of them all.

Meteor's site is down a bit also, and has a very primitive interface. They once delivered a web text exactly 24hrs late for me.

I hear Vodafone's often gives trouble also, but appears to be the most reliable of the big 3.

o2's has been shameful for years now. Constant upgrade work hasn't done an ounce. Never had probs with their scheduling service though. And they're the only ones offering free international texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for confirming that webtexts do go astray. Thought I was losing me marbles. And the annoying bit is that is no way of confirming that they were sent. I will just have to resort to phone texts for the important dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

jos28 wrote: »
    And the annoying bit is that is no way of confirming that they were sent.
    I would often send myself one at the same time to check if the webtext system is working at said time. That was when with o2. Rarely any sending issues with meteor, so no need anymore..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Havent you seen the monster thread on o2 and their website :confused:

I think that will answer your question.

Dreadful site thats usually offline for "maintenance" or has such bad connectivity you will be lucky to log in at all !

I left o2 because of it. And if you read the thread I wasnt the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 springhill6

New restriction on Meteor since 26 Oct 2007, only 1 recipient per month, which means you cannot send more than one text a month to same number, so much for group texting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

New restriction on Meteor since 26 Oct 2007, only 1 recipient per month, which means you cannot send more than one text a month to same number, so much for group texting.

as discussed in another thread, not the case..
    i dont schedule texts by webtext for fear that they wouldnt be delivered as the OP describes..but never had a problem with webtexts normally, especially now meteor have put my phonebook on the same page as composing my message :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 flibz

is that the web based systems that send them only ever give confirmation of receiving the request to send the text. Like this: -

Web Site: 'Scuse me, Mr Web Service, can you send this text for me.
    Web Service: I've received the text message to be sent OK. But I'm not going to tell you if I sent it. But I probably have. Or will later.

I would never, ever, assume that an SMS had sent - via Phone or Web. If it's timely, or important, make a phone call instead. There's no guarantee of delivery time at all. It arrives when it arrives.

F

Advertisement