Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best GPS for Ireland and US

• 19-10-2007 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

I think this has been discussed here before but i can't find the thread.

I am of to Florida in a while and i wanted to buy a GPS unit here that i could use while on holiday.

I know i would have to buy US maps but could anybody advise on aparticular unit that would do the job ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Tomtom GO 910

Has maps for Europe,UK/IRE and the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Flying wrote: »
    Tomtom GO 910

Has maps for Europe,UK/IRE and the US

I live outside Dublin and have heard tomtom maps were not as good as garmin?

Most of the places i would need to get to would only have townland names .

I was looking at Nuvi 270 ,370, and 670 .I would have no use for Bluetooth (already have bluetooth radio in car).Price is quite important but i would rather pay a bit more for the right unit.The difference in price between the 270 and 670 is quite a bit .I am more attracted to the 270 on price .

Does anybody have an opion on the 270 ?Is the UI much better on the 370 and 670?

Thanks for the help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

If you have the 6.75 version maps it is as good as the Garmin Units

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Flying wrote: »
    If you have the 6.75 version maps it is as good as the Garmin Units

Is there anywhere online i can check the coverage of the various maps available?

Advertisement