Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed camera opposite Spa hotel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That gatso was in a nice hiding spot on Saturday. Just after the fixed camera, and before the Newcastle junction. I'd say he had rich enough pickings there with peopl accelerating slightly after the fixed one. (god knows i do it myself from time to time)

mal wrote:
    GATSO van was in the ditch before the traffic lights westbound on Monday morning. Was going about 90-100 kph, such pissy rubbish putting them on such safe roads. Never seen an accident on that road myself. How can a dual-carriageway built so well have such a stupid limit?

If you travel that road regularly then you'll notice quite a few memorial plaques etc along the road.

There is also the (VERY FADED by now) tracks of a car going from town out. You can see the marks on the road, yellow paint put down by the accident investigators, and where the car eventually ended up. On it's roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

gatecrash wrote: »
    If you travel that road regularly then you'll notice quite a few memorial plaques etc along the road.

There is also the (VERY FADED by now) tracks of a car going from town out. You can see the marks on the road, yellow paint put down by the accident investigators, and where the car eventually ended up. On it's roof.

The markings just after the lucan exit heading west are from a stolen car that over turned. From what I can remember it was being chased by several Guards at fairly high speeds.

But yeah, you can also see the amount of holes in the centre hedges from cars trucks etc bursting through. There has also been a lot of people knocked down as they cross the N4, going for buses, pubs etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

cazzy wrote: »
    How do you know they were from Kildare ?

it was a ke reg and dublin drivers dont show that much enthusasim for driving (jumpin around laughin) they just look at ye and look pissed off when they see ye doin something stupid! (well i know i do!)

lol toureg
    im callin them "toerags" not a car

i dont know wa a toureg is but VW are alright, im drivin a polo and the engine has never broken or given me greif and its taken a firece bollokin since we got it (carryin full loads uphill!)
    so ive nothing to worry about on that flash then. thats a load off my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Just spoke to traffic guys, they said the 2 flashes are used, and if 2 cars are in the picture it's used to determine which was speeding.
    He told me the speed the camera is calibrated for and I am 100% sure the camera was "cycling" or got the guy in front, or maybe was out of calibration, though that's unlikely.

If anything arrives in the post I'll be sure to let ye know.

Any post yet? Its been a while now so I assume if you havnt got anything by now, maybe nothing is coming. How long does it take to get a letter does anybody know? My boyf ws recently driving my car on the M50 and said the camera flashed about 5 times as he passed it. it was a 60km/hr zone (he thought 80) with no roadworks or bollards or anything! There was a car in front of him and one alongside so he doesnt know what happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

havnt seen anything come through the letterbox!
    me m8 got a letter took him a month and a coupla weeks to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Oh yeah nothing came in the post... happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

To be honest, it sounds like you got the ticket. Having said that ... I would argue it to the full extent of the law if you are absolutely 100% certain you were not speeding. if worst comes to the worst in front of a judge you can argue that there are two cars in the picture and obviously the one in front is pulling away (looking at the white markings). A judge would likely throw it out of court.
    Moral of the story... dont clean your car!

Advertisement