Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Phone For Traveling

• 20-10-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Im heading to Oz after christmas. Looking for the best phone to bring with me. Would like a good camera, gps and good connectivity. I know this sounds like an N95. Wondering what yer opinions are on it and could ye recommend any handset?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

Sony Ericsson K800i is a good phone, takes good photos and has come down a fair bit in price recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

N95 For the win ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I know this sounds like an N95. Wondering what yer opinions are on it and could ye recommend any handset?
    The only problem with the N95 is the battery life isn't great which might be a problem if you're traveling around a lot and don't have access to a wall socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

could always try getting a gps reciever for the k800i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The only problem with the N95 is the battery life isn't great which might be a problem if you're traveling around a lot and don't have access to a wall socket.

New n95 perhaps? the 8gig version with different battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

bring a spare battery, they are small and light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i know you said a camera phone but would you consider a decent camera AND a phone? would cost less then the n95 and you would most likely get better pics from your trip and you could also buy a decent 2mp camera phone maybe on "3" network which you can use in oz at same rates as here?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

N95 FTW!!!

I have a travelling job, writing this from Seattle at the moment and haeding to Africa in a week. The N95 really makes it so much easier for me.

I have saved an absolute fortune with the N95, I use its VOIP features with Truphone I can call frinds for free when there is an internet connection. I also use the wifi capabilities all the time to check emails, send free texts with aft. Its an amazing phone. It's only downsides in my opinion are: A little low on RAM and battery life!

Happy shopping!

Advertisement