Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help much appreciated lads.

Options
  • 20-10-2007 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Well as part of my college year(it's a links course) I have to do these projects in relation to 3 areas, folkore, history and archaeology.

For my History project I have to do it on someone of local historical interest(not someone like De Valera, perhaps more like William Martin Murphy and people like this) Anyone any idea on who I could do it on?

For Folkore, my project is based on woodworking tools, anybody know of any information?(the assignment must be 800 words)

Finally for Archaeology I'm doing Newgrange which should not be too difficult.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Finally for Archaeology I'm doing Newgrange which should not be too difficult.
    Michael J. O'Kelly's book is probably your best bet for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

For Newgrange, as well as MJ O'Kelly's excellent work, read the relevant chapters in "Landscapes of Neolithic Ireland" by Gabriel Cooney. It will give you a new slant on the construction and ritual use of burial complexes in the period.

The chapter titled "The Dead Are Everywhere" is a wonderful assessment of burial practices.

Best of luck!!

Advertisement